Chapter fifteen

Peter spent the rest of the day fidgeting quietly as he waited for school to end.

Finally.

The bell rang.

Peter got up from his seat, following the rest of the class as they exited through the door.

"Peter!"

Dang it.

He turned around.

"Didn't you want to hear about what we were doing yesterday?" Alya asked, and Michelle quickened her pace to walk beside her. "School's over, 'ya know? We can all go to the library and we'll show you the 'summary of our findings'."

"Oh, uh, don't worry about it- uh I have to leave uh- quickly because I'm meeting someone- I'm meeting someone because I need to give them something and so you can show me tomorrow or- or you guys can go to the library and I'll join you guys later or- yeah, actually, just uh- go ahead and I'll join you guys later, yeah, uh-"

"Who are you meeting?" Michelle interrupted, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, well I'm not exactly sure if he's going to actually be here in person since he doesn't always-"

"Peter."Alya mused.

"Huh?"

"Tell us."

"Okay, uh- I need to talk to Mr Stark and I need to give him somethi-" Peter mumbled.

"We can't hear you."

"Mr Stark." Why do I feel embarrassed?

"Stark?" Alya echoed, "as in Tony Stark?"

"So you weren't lying about that then?" Michelle asked, furrowing her brows.

"About what?"

"Last year. The 'Stark Internship' and all that."

"Uh, no, I mean, yeah, I wasn't lying." I was. "Did you think I was lying?" She probably did. Why else would she remember?

"No. But other people thought you were lying-"

"Are you still telling us that lie?" Peter jumped as he heard a loud voice behind him.

"-Flash included." Michelle finished.

"You know, unless you give us some actual proof, no one is going to believe you." Flash taunted, choosing to speak in English.

"You know what?" Peter responded, turning around. "Fine. I'll give you proof. Come and meet him." Peter pulled his phone out of his pocket. What time was he coming? "He'll probably be here soon."

"Oh really?" Flash sneered. "Is this like your Spider-Man pal? Like how he was gonna show up at Liz's party?"

Peter flinched.

"Oh, I'm right, aren't I?" Flash pushed Peter aside, "He's lying. Don't listen to him. He's probably just making excuses for why he doesn't want to hang out with you guys."

Opening his mouth to reply, he saw the looks on his friend's faces darken. They believed him over me? Only Michelle remained unconvinced, her stern expression not changing. She probably knew not to listen to Flash.

But there's no point arguing. Peter thought, turning around quietly to walk away. I'll find them some proof later.