Chapter thirteen

Peter set his alarm to wake him up an hour earlier than what he had set it the previous day. He did this mostly to avoid Chloe but also because he had other things he wanted to do. He pulled out his phone, going through his contacts until he found the one he was looking for. He called the number, putting his phone up to his ear as the call connected.

"Hello?"

"Uh, hi Happy." Peter hesitated before continuing, "Is Mr Stark there?"

"What is the problem?"

"I want to speak with Mr Stark."

He heard a sigh. "Alright. I'll find Tony."

There was some noise as the phone was transferred. "Hello?"

"Mr Stark?"

"Kid! Hello. How are you? You're in Italy right now, right? As an exchange student?"

"Paris."

"Paris! Right. Right. So why are you calling me at six in the morning?"

"Six? Wait. Mr Stark, isn't the time different in America to in Paris?"

"Yeah it's around midnight or something, but I'm not in New York right now."

"Huh? You're not? Where are you?"

"Germany-"

"Why-"

"Don't worry kid. Just tell me, why did you call?"

"Oh, right, uh, it's just that my suit is kinda broken-"

"Kinda broken?"

"Yes, well, it's a long story uh- well, I was fighting againsts an Akuma with M- Ladybug and Chat Noir and-"

"You were fighting something?" Peter heard the mixture of stress, concern and anger in his voice. "Why did KAREN not alert me of what was happening?-"

"Well you see, uh, the suit was somehow damaged and so I was just going to ask you how I can fix it-"

"I'll do the tinkering with the suit kid." Tony Stark told him. "I'll see what the problem is and while I fix it I'll bring you your old suit."

"No- no- Mr Stark you don't have to do that-"

"I do kid. You need to be safe if you're going to insist on fighting supervillains wherever you go. Please tell me that those people you mentioned are experienced and good role models."

Peter hesitated for a second, "Uh, yeah, sure."

"I'll bring your suit later today after you finish school, alright kid?"

"Uh, Okay. Thanks Mr Stark."

"See you later kid."

Peter heard a click as the phone hung up.

/*\*/*\

He ate breakfast quickly and quietly, escaping the hotel before Chloe was even awake.

Even though Tony Stark hadn't specifically told Peter not to use the suit anymore, he felt slightly guilty attempting to swing around the city with the half-broken suit. It was definitely a learning experience, attempting to web-swing with only his left hand, (the right web-shooter still being non-functional) but he treated it as practice for if one of his web-shooters were disabled again during a fight.