Chapter One | First Interaction.

A/N: IMPORTANT! Hello! Welcome to my story! there will be parts in this  where it's Sam's POV, but I'll add Connor's for a short time-- if its short, then the entire thing will be Bolded, so I dont have to keep changing from (name) pov, to (name2) pov, yenno? If it's longer though, I will add (name) pov. I'm sorry if it's confusing, if you need more of an explanation, comment, or DM me! ♡♡

*~*~*
I spun my chair around to look at Hank's desk behind me. He wasn't there; in fact, he was probably out drinking. "Are we really getting an android as a partner?" I asked, in an unenthusiastic tone to myself. It's not that I hated androids-- I'm definetely fine with them-- I just don't know if it'll be a good add-on to the little team Hank and I have.

I turned back to look at my computer screen, when I saw an unfamiliar man walk towards my desk.

"Miss Parker?" his smooth voice questioned.

"Yeah, just call me Samantha. Who are you?" I realized I may have phrased the question wrong, but he didn't seem upset. Then again, he is an android.

"I'm Connor. The android sent by Cyberlife." He held out his hand, so I shook it; then stood up.

"Do you have any clue as to where Lieutenant might be?" He asked, his hands now behind his back.

"Yeah, follow me."

*~*~*

"Almost every night, Hank goes to one of two bars; depending on whether he wants to be found or not... And tonight.. I don't think he wants to be found." I told Connor as I pulled up to the furthest bar away from the station.

"Why does he drink?" Connor asked innocently.

"A lot of reasons.. Let's just go and get him."

Connor walked in before me, and I noticed him scanning people, so I tapped his shoulder, then pointed at Hank (who was sitting at the bar.)

"Lieutenant Anderson. I'm Connor, the android sent by Cyberlife." Connor sat next to him, and tried to get his attention.

"I have a mission to accomplish, and I need you and Samantha in order to finish my task."

Hank shook his head, and spat in Connor's face. "Fuckin Android."

"Hank!" I called his name sternly, causing him to look over at me.

"What do you want, kid?"

"We got a call-in." I said, sitting in the stool on the other side of him.

It was silent for a moment until Connor spoke up. "How about I buy you a drink?" He asked. Hank nodded, and Connor ordered another of what Hank already had.

After that, we headed to where we needed to be; Connor driving (mainly because Hank was drunk, and Connor knew where to go.)

*~*~*

The officer explained what he knew (not much, only that the man's name was Carlos Ortiz, and the writing on the wall was in his blood.)

"It's too perfect. A human couldnt do that." Hank nodded, showing he agreed with me.

The writing on the wall read: "I AM ALIVE" And it was written almost as a font; the only mistakes being the dripping blood.

Connor scanned the writing, then bent down to Carlos' level, scanning his body.

Hank and I watched as Connor touched the blood, then stuck it in his mouth.

"Holy shit, dude! what the fuck?! That's disgusting!" Hank turned away in disgust, and I sat there laughing.

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant. It's more efficient in learning what happened." Connor said as he wiped the excess blood off.

After a few minutes of looking around, Connor came back and explained what he thought happened.

"It all started in the kitchen.. The victim attacked the android with a bat. The android grabbed the knife from behind him, and stabbed his owner." He paused as he walked to the living room, causing us to follow him.

"The android stabbed the victim here several times, and thats where Carlos died." Hank and I both looked at him in surprise.

"Well then where did he go?" Hank asked crossing his arms.

"I'll scan the Thirium, and see where it goes."

I stayed with Hank as Connor slowly walked away.

"So. What do you think of him?" I asked a bit shyly.

"Why does it matter? He's our partner now. Whether I like it or not, Sam." I think he likes Connor thought; or, he at least respects him. I know I do. Connor is a good add-on, I didn't expect something-- or someone as smart and helpful as him.

*~*~*

I was the first to go in and interrogate the android. Hank said it was because my voice was more soothing, and I was kinder-- but Gavin said If anything I'd get it to self destruct. So, I had to prove him wrong.

I gently sat down in the chair as I introduced myself.

"I'm Samantha-- you can call me Sam if you'd like." This seemed to calm him down a bit, so I continued talking.

"I don't blame any of this on you, alright?--" I stopped, because his eyes widened a bit.

"Okay.. So, what's your name, then?"

He told me his name, and kept telling me how sorry he was.

"Hey, It's alright, I don't blame you.. Can you please just explain what happened?" I asked, trying to be as nice as I could.

"Why are you treating me like I'm human? You are a human. Shouldn't you hate me??.. They're gonna kill me after this aren't they??" He started panicking, so I touched his hand lightly.

"No, they won't deactivate you. It'll be alright, okay?"

"She's not here to make friends, Jesus." Hank complained. Connor gave him a confused look, and his LED flashed from yellow to blue.

"She's doing what she was ordered. She's doing very well too, what's the problem?" Connor questioned.

"She's way too nice to em. Sam isn't gonna get any answers outta him at this rate!" Connor took note of this as he watched Hank open the door to the small room.

"Sam, get out. Connor's gonna take over from here." Hank said, standing in the doorway. I gave the android a reassuring smile as I left the room.

"You did good, Samantha. I look forward to working with you more." Connor spoke as I shuffled by him.

"Oh, thanks Connor."

"You're welcome, Samantha."

A/N: Thanks to: xxneverxlosexhopexx for inspiring me to write this fanfiction (although she doesn't know, she inspired me a whole bunch!) You should check out her story!

♡♡♡