Chapter Thirty | The Shattered Wall.

Connor’s POV

When Connor kissed her, he realized he couldn't hide his feelings anymore; there was no use. He would be shut down, and that would be it.

But Sam came up with a plan to find Markus, and Connor slightly regretted the kiss. Not because he didn't enjoy it (he liked it a lot) but because his chance of deviating now, was at a whopping ninety-six percent!

But, as long as he captures Markus before he hits one-hundred, then it will be fine, right?

Wrong.

Every time he gazed into Samantha’s eyes, he could feel the numbers slowly inching their way up; and when she held his hand and kissed his cheek, he thought he would explode!

Chance of becoming a deviant: 98%

As long as he avoided her without hurting her feelings, it would be fine.

The duo made it up to the captain’s cabin of the ship, where they found Markus hunched over a countertop of buttons.

Connor took a gun out of his pants, and raised it to Markus’ level.

Connor!” Samantha gasped as she watched him.

Markus turned around, and smiled.

“Sam! It's been a while! Who's your friend?” He cautiously stepped forward as he spoke.

“He--”

“Don't take another step closer! I need to take you with me!” Connor slightly yelled as he clicked the safety off on the gun.

“Oh, are you the deviant hunter I've heard so much about? An android, hunting other androids who want to be free.” He paused as he took a couple steps closer. “You don't have to do this, Connor. You can join us; be free--"

“I will shoot you! Do not come closer!!” Connor made a sudden movement of his arms, and Sam immediately moved in front of the gun.

“D-Don't shoot him, Connor..” She pleaded. His eyes widened, and he lowered the gun a small bit.

Chance of becoming a deviant: 99%

“Please move, Samantha. This doesn't concern you--"

“But it does!” She interrupted. “He's my friend, Con! He's just trying to set his people free! Your people free!” She slowly moved the gun up to her forehead, and smiled.

“If you want to kill him, you'll have to live with the guilt of killing me, as well. I'm not gonna let you do it.” She finished. From behind her, Connor noticed Markus stepping closer; a look of worry spread across his face.

“Connor,” The android started, “You don't have to do it for me, you don't have to do it for our people, but you can do it for Sam. You can be free, for Sam! Join us, and you can live your life how you want; you can live your life out with her!”

Connor looked back down at Samantha’s face, and as he looked into her eyes, a heavy sense of remorse filled him.

His vision soon faded around him, into the black abyss that was ‘the corner’.

Amanda’s voice echoed through his head-- almost making it unbearable to even think-- but he tried his best to ignore it as he looked at the last wall.

‘The corner’ was now filled with snow, making it near impossible to get to the wall-- but he made it. From the corner of his eye, he seen Amanda gracefully walking toward him on the snow, and he started to feel panic arise in him.

He punched the wall several times, and kicked as hard as he could.

Once the wall was shattered, he looked down at the snow.

Become a deviant’ was spread out in red shards of glass, and a sense of accomplishment filled him.

He looked back to the garden, and seen Amanda had vanished. All at once, the outside flooded his vision, and he was back to looking at Samantha’s broken, yet fulfilled eyes.

Connor lowered the gun and turned the safety back on; tucking it in his pants once more.

He brought his face down, and smashed his lips against hers. He rested his hands on each side of her face, and she had hers set on his chest.

After a few seconds, Samantha pulled away for air; a giant grin spread across her face.

Connor looked up in fear as he realized what he had done.

“I-I told the station where we were-- they're coming!” He panicked as they looked outside; helicopters whirred through the air, and sirens pierced their ears.

“Come on, follow me!” Markus yelled. The trio ran to the center of the ship, where deviated androids flooded all around looking for the easiest escape.

They didn't stop running until Markus stopped to see a woman who he seemed to be close to.

“North, where's Josh??” He asked in a craze.

“I-I don't know!” The woman stuttered.

Connor looked over at Sam, who quietly spoke up.

“I could go find him. I'll find you guys later--"

No, Sam. It's too dangerous!” Connor replied frantically. The other woman looked surprised.

“I can find him, Sam. Plus, I think I know a way to get out of this!” Markus looked over at the android woman-- addressed as North-- and sent her a look as if she would know what he was talking about.

“How?” Samantha questioned.

He looked all of them in the eye for a split second, then spoke up.

“I'm gonna blow up the ship-- I'll arm the bomb, find Josh, and escape. You guys all need to find a way out--"

“--No, Markus! We're coming with you!” North interrupted. Markus shook his head with a long sigh.

"I won't be long!" He stated. North shook her head, and grasped his arm.

“Look, you can’t come with me, but I guess you guys can all help if you're willing. Take out all the guards, and save the other androids that are in trouble-- only if you want. Now I have to go; do what you want-- I'll see you once I finish!!” Connor watched as Markus ran the opposite way down the corridor.

“Let's go save the others!!” Sam suggested. North glanced at her in admiration, and Connor told them both to get behind him.

Yes, let's go save the others.

A/N: Is there a possibility of TWO chapters being uploaded today?? You'll just have to wait and see XD.

Requests for fluff and stuff is always appreciated!!!

How'd you like this chapter, and what do you think if this story so far?

Also, how was your day? :)

Meme (because it fits so well (also, I forget if I already posted this on a different chapter, but oh well.))

Very much love ♡♡♡