Chapter Thirty-five | One hundred.

Sam’s POV

*Next morning*

Captain Fowler still hasn’t informed me about whether Connor could stay or not, and I was starting to get extremely worried-- but I couldn’t focus on that right then. I had other things filling my mind, and I was certain he would be fine.

He won’t be sent away. I just know it.

You sure about that?

Yes I’m sure! There’s no way he’ll get sent back.

I ignored my thoughts, and watched Connor in the kitchen.

“Markus called me.” I told Connor as I plopped on the couch. He walked toward the living room carrying the mug of coffee and breakfast he made for me. I smiled and thanked him as I set them on the coffee table.

“You’re welcome, Sam; and what did he say?” Connor questioned. I took a much needed sip of coffee, and told him.

“They are going to host the protest in the center of Detroit, tonight. They wanted us to show up at the new Jericho, in about five-- six hours at most.” I replied; watching as he looked down at his lap, and back up to me.

“Do you think they will trust me after what I did?” He asked in a hushed voice. I nodded, and set down the coffee cup.

“I don’t see why not-- I mean, I don’t see why, but also why not. You saved us all from the guards that were shooting at us, when North fell. That has to mean something to Markus, and the group.”

He thought about what I said for a moment, and slightly smirked as he looked at me.

“I guess you’re right.” Connor replied.

We watched the news at I ate breakfast for a few minutes, then I brought up a question I had been thinking about for ages.

It’s now or never, Sam..

“Connor?”

“Yes, Sam?”

“What would you think, if after all of this stuff passes by, I--” I paused for a second out of excitement, then quickly calmed myself down. “--If I got a dog!!” I finished off.

Connor smiled as he looked at me, and shrugged.

“I feel that would be an amazing change for you. Do you have any in mind?” He asked, turning his body toward me. I squealed, and slightly jumped as I turned to him as well; sitting indian style.

“Well, I have a few; I want a big dog-- a big fluffy dog! I love Sumo and all, but I really want my own.” I replied; watching as he slowly tucked a strand of hair away from my face.

“When this all blows over, I will personally escort you to any shelter you want-- all of them in Detroit if you want the full effect.” Connor offered. My smile grew wider as he spoke, and I immediately crawled up to him; wrapping my arms around his waist. He hugged back, and slightly squeezed.

I pulled away, then looked at the time on my phone-- but I forgot almost immediately, so I had to look again.

“7:15 AM. We should probably get ready to leave for work.”

About twenty-five minutes later, I walked out of my room wearing black booties, a light blue pair of jeans, and a maroon wool sweater.

“I’m ready if you’re ready!” I said. Connor turned around, and grinned.

“Have I ever told you how… Adorable you are?” He asked. I blushed, and looked down at the floor; then built up my confidence once more as I spoke.