Chapter Twenty-five | The Stratford Tower.

Sam’s POV

I waited by the elevator for Hank and Connor; becoming a small bit impatient.

After about three long minutes the two finally made their way over to me, so I pressed the arrow that pointed up.

“Level forty-seven.” Hank mumbled. I clicked the two numbers, and felt my stomach curl up with guiltiness.

I stood behind the duo and watched as Connor played with his quarter.

How does he do that..?

I studied his moves intently, and accidentally jumped when Hank took the coin away.

“You're startin to piss me off with that coin, Connor!” He growled. Connor looked down at the floor and apologized.

I stifled in a laugh as the elevator doors opened; revealing many detectives and officers.

I listened in as Chris explained what happened, and grabbed a quarter out of my pocket.

“Connor!” I whispered. He looked over at me and cocked his head to the side.

How fucking precious! Agh!

I showed him the 1998 Colorado quarter, and his eyes brightened in delight.

“What’s this for?” He asked softly. I giggled, and handed it to him.

What a cute bean.

“Hank took yours away. Keep it.” He smiled at me, and tucked it into his pocket in his jacket. I looked down to the floor and grinned to myself as well.

Once Chris finished explaining everything, we were all introduced to detective Perkins from the FBI.

“An android investigating androids?” He scoffed and shook his head. “You really want that thing working with you? How long is that gonna last?”

I clenched my fists, and stood straight, next to Connor.

“He’s probably better at his job than you are!” I growled. I knew I shouldn’t have said anything, but lately it’s been hard to keep quiet. There’s no use in hiding things anymore.

“Oh, you’re feisty, aren’t you? How about we go out sometime? Here’s my number--”

“Why would I waste my time on you? I have much better things to do than spend even just one minute with a man who has so far, made a terrible first impression.” Wow the sass just won’t stop, will it?

“Well let’s go on a date. I bet I’ll make an amazing second impression.” He smirked, and played with his business card (which also had his number on it) between his fingers.

“When?” I asked.

“This Sunday. How about five o’clock p.m?”

“Oh, sorry! I’m gonna be sick on Sunday, I won’t be able to make it.. What a shame..” He scoffed, and turned away.

“You better watch your step. Don’t fuck up my crime scene.”

I rolled my eyes, and made my way to the big screen. Behind me, I heard Hank mutter ‘fuckin prick’ under his breath, and I let out a small chuckle.

God, I’m so damn sorry, Hank.. I’m a bitch.

*~*~*

3rd POV

Connor was now interrogating the three androids in the kitchen; positive one of them helped the deviants.

Hank was talking with the guards in the hallway, and Sam was still studying the video.