chapter 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

I wake up back at Grandmother’s house, in the blue room that I stayed in. I touch the plush comforter, trying to keep myself as sane as i can.  I’m a bit tired. I just cant get up. I hear a knock.

“Come in!” I say as loud as I dare. My voice is actually pretty good. It’s Grandmother.

“Now, Mac Kenzie, I have some news for you,” Grandmother says as she sits down on the side of my bed, “Max is fine! He just hit his head on a rock, and was knocked out for an hour or so. But everyone is worried about you.”

“Why me? I never hit my head or anything. I’m perfectly fine, I just think that I twisted my ankle or something,” I say.

“Well, everyone thought that you got sick because you were screaming and wouldn’t move. So a peacekeeper needed to give you some morphling so you could relax. Don’t worry, it was just a small dose. Plus, we gave you some sleeping syrup so we could take care of you. You got stung by some tracker jackers!” Grandmother says nervously.

“Thank you, Grandmother. But, where’s Max? I want him to go home. I want to stay in the arena,” I tell Grandmother.

“He’s in District 12. But we need to keep you in 7 for now… just until the end of August. So then Primrose or Rue won’t suspect anything. But, Effie will be here, too. You will be poised and like a princess when we’re done with you!” Grandmother says with excitement.

I just smile weakly. I love to see my grandmother happy, its just that I’m not girly. But, once I get back, its same old Mac Kenzie. None of this Capitol crap I’m going to learn. I just want to go home now. Maybe Dad can save me. No. But I know someone who I know can…

I whip out myy iPod, anf=d video chat Max.

“Max, are you ok?” I ask

“Ya, are you ok, Kenzie?”

“Fine. Just please don’t forget about me in 12. Like, fall head over heals for some beautiful girl… but I know that she would be better than me…” I say.

“No. I’m staying with you! Insane or not! Don’t worry! Everyhitngs going to be fine,” Max calms me.

“Ok, well, im going hunting. I love you, Max,” I say to him.

“I love you too, Kenzie,” Max says.

Then the call is dropped. I get dressed quickly, then I go outside.

_____________________________________________________________________________

TADA! LE UPDATE! so im gonna update again! hope you like!

love, mia