Chapter 17

"Hey" someone called out to me.

I turned back to see Drew.

"Hi" I replied.

He caught up to me and we walked into school together.

I had no idea on what to say to him. I basically scared him off yesterday. I don't want things to be awkward between us.

Was I moving too fast?

I thought he was starting to get into me. I have to move fast. I have a bet to win if not, I'm dead.

"Is it really about the bet or you're actually starting to like him?" my sub conscious teased.

"Uh" he started rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for running away yesterday. I don't know... I just... "

I laughed.

"You didn't run away"

"I practically did"

"It's fine. I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable"

"I wasn't uncomfortable"

I raised an eyebrow accusingly at him.

"Okay. Maybe I was" he confessed "It's only because I've never been that  close to a girl before"

"It's fine, really"

"Thanks"

I decided to change the subject to something less awkward.

''Are you nervous?" I asked him, referring to the calculus test we have today.

We went to our first class but stood outside. I wanted to make sure our tutoring session yesterday didn't go in vain.

''Nope. I'm just sweaty and I have shaking hands because I'm so confident'' he replied sarcastically.

''Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just stick to the rules I taught you''

He took a deep breath in.

"At least I'm sure of a C or something" he mumbled to himself but I heard it.

Oh, hell no

''You're crazy!" I shrieked  "w
We didn't go through all those tutoring sessions for you to get a C''

''Uh B minus?"

''I expect an A from you mister''

He rubbed his hands together.

''I can't do this. I'll drop out of school. Go get a job, be a male stripper or something'' he rambled "I have abs, yeah. I can make it in that aspect. Can I pole dance? I can learn it. They make thousands of dollars in weeks. Why do I even bother with school?"

He tried to run away but I pulled him by the collar.

''What is wrong with you?" I questioned.

I drew him closer till we were eye to eye. I am not playing with this boy,

''I'm scared. I'm always failing no matter how hard I try. My highest mark ever is a D. What's the use of trying?"

''You're gonna go in there and write that test. Say it after me''

''You're gonna go in there and write that test''

I slapped him hard across the cheek.

''Be serious!" I shrieked.

Passerbys were already looking at us, probably wondering what the hell was going on.

''Fine. I'm gonna in there and write that test''