Chapter 24

''Pass me the salt, please'' my mom requested at the dinner table.

I did as I was told.

We continued to eat in peace and harmony till my brother decided to open his big mouth.

''Hey Bella. I heard you're dating Drew now''

I literally choked on my salad. I had to drink a whole glass of water to calm myself down.

I glared at him. He smiled in return. The mother fucker knows what he's doing. He even had the nerve to smirk. I am so going to kill him.

''Who's Drew?'' Steve asked.

Here we go.

''The school's psychopath and most wanted criminal in town. Nice catch, sis'' Gerald winked.

I think I like Gerald better when he's quiet and socially awkward. I'm already plotting different ways to kill this boy tonight.

I closed my eyes and counted to ten. It took all self control I had not to jump on the table and punch him.

Why would he do this? Especially at a time like this.

''Is this true?'' My mum asked.

''Yes, I am dating someone mom but Gerald is exaggerating. Drew is just misunderstood"

I really hope she doesn't over react. We all know my mom cares about her image more than anything else.

''Isn't he the boy who came here to study with you?'' Steve remembered .

''Yes'' I responded .

''You've met him?'' My mum asked Steve.

''Yeah" he shrugged "He seems like a decent kid'' Steve replied.

I smiled. Thank you, Steve.

''Can't be that decent if he has a bad reputation'' my mom said.

I rolled my eyes. Here goes my mother.

''Like Bella said, he may be just misunderstood. You know how society is these days. People look for all means possible to spoil someone's image''

''No daughter of mine will date a hooligan'' my mom argued.

Gerald smirked evilly as he ate. I glared at him.

"Why did you have to open your big fat mouth" I angrily whispered to him.

He shrugged nonchalantly.

''What? It was boring here''

''Thanks a lot, jerk''

''You're welcome, darling''

I rolled my eyes.

''Is he rich?'' My mum turned to ask me.

''Um....''

I really do not know the answer to that question. I know nothing about Drew's family's financial status. I haven't even been to his house. We just started dating.

''Are his parents anyone important?''

Does that matter?

''His parents are dead from what I heard. He's adopted. He has a foster mom''

''I'm not impressed with what I'm hearing. We're elites. We need to mingle with people of our class. You need someone like Damien''

Damien is my ex boyfriend from France. My mom never liked when we broke up. She always wanted us together. 

''Mom, I.. ''

She held her hand up as a signal for me to shut up.

''I want to meet him then I can decide if he's good for you''