Chapter 22

Bella

I ran after Drew as fast as I could.

"Drew!" I called when I finally got sight of him.

He stopped when he heard me call out his name. We ended up at the skate park

There were lights hung in ropes. There was also table with food and two chairs.

The place looked so beautiful but that was the least of my worries. I just want to talk to him.

''Drew, wait'' I said.

He faced me. I bent down and put my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

''What?''

I stood up straight and moved closer to him.

''Why did you come over?'' I questioned.

''Well, you bumped into me in school today. You seemed a little bit off so I decided to check up on you''

I stared at him for a while. I could see anxiety in his eyes.

''You're lying'' I stated.

''How?''

"You couldn't call? You came all the way to my house to make sure I was okay?'

He shrugged.

"I was in the neighbourhood so I decided to stop by"

That was when I lost it. 

I hit his chest hard. I let out a frustrated scream.

''Hey! What's that for?'' He shrieked.

I continued hitting him all over. I let out all the pain, anger and frustration I've been feeling for the past week. Anger pulsed through my veins when I thought about how I felt when he ignored me and didn't want to talk to me.

I felt sad.

I felt alone.

I felt miserable because I had nobody to talk to but him.

''Why do you keep ignoring me? Why do you keep running away from me?  Don't you know how much it hurts? '' I shouted

I've never felt this vulnerable before. I'm used to having boys begging on their knees for me... Literally.

Sons of the most powerful men in the world bow down to me at the snap of my fingers. For the first time in my life, I care about someone and he's not reciprocating my feelings.

How do you think that makes me feel?

Oh, I'll tell you how it makes me feel. It makes me feel worthless and desperate.

"Bella, stop. Please"

"No. I want to hurt you just like you hurt me?"

He held my hands. I struggled to release them from his grip but he wouldn't budge. He put his arms around me and wrapped me in a warm hug. I sobbed quietly.

''Do you think I'm not hurting as well?'' he whispered.

"I just want to be with you"

This is not because of the bet. This is because I genuinely like you.

''Fuck Bella. You make it so hard for me.  All I want is.... ''

''What? Tell me what you want''

"I can't have what I want cause if you know about me, you'll leave just the way everyone else did.  I want to save myself from the heartbreak''

I held his face in my hands.

''I'll never leave you''

''Yeah right. You're saying that because you know nothing.  Fuck what I planned. Fuck everything''

He removed his hands from mine then went to the table and kicked it.  

I gasped.

I've never seen him like this. He's always so gentle and soft with me. Drew could be really scary when he's angry.

He started destroying everything.

Wait... Were these all for me?

''Drew, stop'' I cried out.

''Just leave me alone''

I did something I never thought I would do again. I ran to him, pulled him back and kissed him

He pushed me immediately.

''What about your boyfriend?"

''Who?''

'The guy I met in your house''

I laughed.

''That's my cousin"

"Oh" he nervously chuckled while running his hands through his hair.

We looked at each other in silence. I took a deep breath. If he's not going to say it then I guess I have to make the first move. Here goes nothing.

"I really like you, Drew''

He hesitated for a while

''Please, tell me you feel the same way'' I begged in my mind.

''I really like you too, Bella''

I smiled like a kid who just got candy.  We just stood there grinning at each other like idiots.

''Now that we have this settled, I can do this" he said.

He grabbed me by the waist and kissed me. I held him closer and kissed him passionately.

Best Valentine's day ever