"Flowers for Sheldon..."

Summary: Leonard and the gang discover Sheldon has taken advantage of Penny's request for help with her binge drinking to make needed improvements. 

Disclaimer: BBT is all Chuck Lorre's. 

Part I. 

A weary, somewhat stumpy, dark-haired Leonard Hofstadter trudges to his apartment door at the sound of steady knocking. 

"Sheldon...?" groan.   "Did you lose your..."

Wait.  Sleep-befuddled brain clears a bit. 

Sheldon would never just keep knocking.  Even if the pattern is his. 

"Who's there?...OW!..." groan as he jabs an eye trying to peer through keyhole. 

"Me." moan.   "Open up." moan. 

He unlocked the door quickly.   "Penny?..." he stared at the tall blonde.  In gold lame and black dress, in the usual state of late-night bedragglement.  She leaning on the doorframe, eyes red. 

"Tell me I didn't sleep with Howard tonight." she looked at him. 

Howard?...He blinked. 

"Howard.?" he repeated aloud.  Uh.   "Howard, who?..."

"Our.  Oh." groan as she moved her head.   "Howard.  We were together tonight, right?...I remember you were there." vague stare, turning to a reproachful look. 

"What?...Penny that was eight hours ago when you came in to ask if you looked ok.  It's 4 in the morning.  Howard went home hours ago, after spending Halo night with us."

Uh.  Careful look. 

Now that you mention it.  Howard did repeatedly note how "yummy"?...Eehew.  Penny looked. 

"He did go home, didn't he?" nervous tone. 

"I'm asking you.  He didn't go with me to the party?"

Leonard stared.  Then burst into laughter. 

"Howard? With you?...To a party.?"

Vague smile on her part.   Right, impossible. 

"I must have dreamed it." she nodded. 

Thank God. 

"Thanks for easing my mind.  G'night." she turned, staggering a bit. 

Wait.  Dreamed? Of Howard?...

"Wait, Penny?" Leonard moved out into the hall after her. 

Light snapping on in the living room behind him. 

"Excuse me, is anyone aware of what time it is?..." a high-pitched twang. 

"Penny." Leonard had caught up to her in the hall.  Rather easy in her condition. 

"Huh?...Leonard?...What's up?..." she stared at him. 

"You dreamed about Howard? Tonight?"

Dressed like that?...He did not say. 

"Huh? Oh, I guess so.  I don't know." vague wave. 

Apartment door slam.  Leonard, frowning, turned back. 

"Oh.  Sheldon!..." he went to the door.  Locked.  Damn.   "Sheldon!...Let me."

Sound of rippling fabric, then soft thud.  He turned to see Penny on the floor.