6. X

"TaeTae...?"
Jungkook's voice was husky, as if he'd been crying. He finally got ahold of Taehyung, at 23 minutes past midnight, when Taehyung couldn't hold out any longer. He missed this boy too much to not talk to him. And, although he had made his point by not talking to him for so long, he was still annoyed that Jungkook didn't understand what he had done wrong. Even though Tae had never told his feelings to his best friend. But as if it wasn't obvious already?

"I'm sorry Tae. Please... please talk to me." Jungkook paused. After a few awkward seconds he spoke again. "Baby..." his coarse voice questioned, hoping for a response from the older. Taehyung's breath buckled, choking on his words he whispered a "ye-yes...?" in reply. "You're there!" Jungkook brightened up, his voice becoming lighter. Taehyung could visualize Jungkook's bunny-like smile creeping up on his face, his eyes crinkling at the corners, his cheeks turning a pale rose colour.

"I guess so." Taehyung said, stubborn yet quiet. "Look, Tae. I know I hurt you. I'm not entirely sure what it was I done but I can promise you I didn't do it on purpose. I can promise that, okay?" Jungkook places emphasis on the last 'promise'. Taehyung sighed softly, wanting the call to end so he didn't break his 'not talking to Jungkook' streak. "I gotta go. Bye." He suddenly blurred out, ready to end the call. "Wait wait!!" Jungkook rushed out, trying to lure Tae back. "Taehyung?? Please??? Talk to me!" Taehyung heard as he pressed the red X on his phone screen, terminating the call.

Taehyung got ready for bed. He dressed himself in a plain white T-shirt and striped flannel pajama bottoms, which were light and dark grey. He slid on some black fluffy socks to finish off, ruffled his hair, then left the room.

He stalked down the stairs and into the kitchen. It was Friday night, his parents were away for the weekend and his sister was out partying probably. He opened the fridge, the cool metal surface tingling through his fingertips, and reached for the milk. He poured himself a mug-full and tipped it into a pan, turning the hob on. He gently stirred the milk and waited for it to heat. His mother used to give him hot milk before bed whenever he was exceptionally sad from the bullies in school.

He felt the same now as he did then.

Alone, afraid and insecure. He poured the steaming hot liquid into his favorite mug. It was imprinted with an indie band, Hippo Campus, which he loved. With the mug in hand, he shuffled into the living room and sat down. He flicked the tv on and searched for something to watch, but being so late at night there was nothing but shitty teleshopping and weird porn shows or something. He didn't stay long enough to find out. Eventually Taehyung found a calming home channel. He decided to watch a show where a group of people decorate a house in a time limit as a surprise for a family who arrive at the end.

He smiled blankly at the tv in a trance, watching the men on screen rush around doing the final adjustments to the newly decorated bedroom. He took a sip from the milk and cradled the cup between his hands, absorbing the heat. He wasn't really watching, just listening, as he stared on through the television set and into the abyss.

A quiet knock at the door brought the boy out of his tranquility, which was quickly replaced with absolute fear. He checked the clock on the fireplace, 01:39. His first thought flashed through his mind, had he been sitting there for that long already?, but then the negative thoughts consumed him.

Who was at the door?

Did he even hear that right?

What if it was Jungkook?

No, it wouldn't be Jungkook. He fucking hates you because you're a worthless piece of shit.

You ruined his life, just like your father told you everyday for 11 years.

You're a failure Kim Taehyung. They bullied you for a reason. They were right. You're just a stupid gay boy who doesn't deserve anything.

A failure

You should just kill yourself again. Well, even you failed at that Kim Taehyung.

The door knocked again, just as quietly as before, which made it eerie. But at least Taehyung knew someone wasn't trying to kill him. If so they probably would have bust through the door right now with an axe in their hand, ready to kill the gays. He laughed to himself.

"Taehyung are you up?" A faint voice called through the door that, by now, Taehyung was standing on the other side of. Jungkook? He slowly opened the door, to see his best friend standing with his favorite ice cream and a bunch of flowers.