20. The funeral

Less than a week later the funeral happened.

Friday the 21st of December.

Four days before Christmas.

What a lovely event to get into the Christmas mood and to lift the spirts. Not.

The boys arrived in their pairs. Namjoon and Jin arrived early, wearing matching suits, to send their condolences to Jimin's parents before shortly taking their seats in the fifth row of the left-hand pews.

 Namjoon and Jin arrived early, wearing matching suits, to send their condolences to Jimin's parents before shortly taking their seats in the fifth row of the left-hand pews

Jungkook and Taehyung arrived next. Taehyung's silence spoke louder than anything else in the room. His childhood best friend was now dead and all 'quirky-ness' had drained from his body, leaving him broken. All eyes turned to him as he walked up the aisle closely behind Jungkook (who changed between staring at the floor in discomfort and looking straight ahead at the coffin in anger). The two walked to the front row and were ushered to sit by Jimin's brother. Jungkook sat quickly, hugging the brother and muttering his apologies. Taehyung took one look at the closed coffin, draped in a salmon pink cloth to represent Jimin's favourite colour (he always said it was his 'smiley colour' that he thought of when he pictured his best memories) and tears welled in his eyes before rapidly falling down his soft cheeks and onto the polished wooden floor with a small splat.

"It isn't your fault. Please," Jimin's brother started, "It was his choice, not yours."

Jungkook stared at the brother. Dont they know? He thought.

I was the one who made him do it. I broke up with him. I left him when he needed someone the most. It was my fault.

Jungkook's thoughts were interrupted by a loud gasp in the crowd as the two last people walked into the church moments before the service began

Two boys walked down the aisle, the first was short with black hair and red, puffy eyes which he clearly tried to cover with his shiny hair. Dressed in a black suit jacket and white oversized shirt, the cuffs spilling out of the sleeves much like the emotions of the man himself.

It was Yoongi.

The second had his hand on the other's shoulder and was gently rubbing it as they walked to a pew. He was wearing a black shirt, fitting for a funeral, and a red jacket with leather black sleeves (not so fitting) and black creepers, which certainly catered to his punk aesthetic. The man had ginger hair and wore black eyeshadow contrasting his fair skin, but no piercings.

"Hoseok?" Jungkook whispered, seeing his friend without his iconic piercings for the first time in his life.

They took a seat and the service started

"We welcome you all here today to celebrate the life of Park Jimin who unfortunately passed away after silently suffering in this world. Unfortunately, he felt unable to confide in his family and friends, and thus, took his own life."

'But he did confide in his friends. He told me...' Taehyung thought as tears brimmed in his eyes.

"He struggled with alcohol addiction and self harm, as well as suffering from identity issues. This is frowned apon by the Lord, however, we are here to pray that his soul is accepted as it rises towards the heavens."

'What the fuck is this bullshit? I was the one with alcohol problems, I was the one who hurt his identity, I told him he was worthless and I beat him when I was angry' .

Yoongi's thoughts raced in his mind.

'Who is this shit sermon ass preaching about how God is unhappy with his fucking soul? He wasn't religious, he doesn-... didn't care.'

"One reason that Jimin may have taken his own life was down to his lust for the same sex." The priest continued, frowning disapprovingly at the thought of it being Adam and Steve rather than Adam and Eve.

"Not more homophobic bullshit" Hobi whispered aloud to Yoongi, who unknowingly had his hand on Hoseok's. Yoongi grunted in reply, taking hold of Hobi's hand properly.

"Let us, friends and family, stand in harmony and pray for Park Jimin's soul that God forgive's him for taking his life and, most importantly, for Jimin's devortion to the homosexual way of life!"

"This is such homophobic bULLSHIT" Yoongi huffed angrily to Hobi. "Why are they placing more importance on him being gay than him taking his own life!" Tears spilled out of his eyes as he uttered the final four words.

'I do like me some dick, and im fine with going to hell for it.' Jin thought, smirking as the crowd stood in unity. He quickly followed beside Namjoon who was shaking silently.

Yoongi bolted out of his seat and rushed down the aisle, cracking open the large church doors as light flooded into the dimmed hall.

"Thank you, may he rest in peace." The priest finished, but not a single eye was on him.

--------

oof this is shite sorry, its christmas and im saD

untouchedtae xx