7. Baby's breath

"Uh...?" Taehyung hesitated, waiting for his anxiety to calm down. "Hey TaeTae." Jungkook smiled shyly, dropping his head towards the floor. Taehyung was still shocked. Jungkook took it upon himself to make sure his best friend was okay before they talked. He tentatively stepped inside of the house and stood before Taehyung, who stared back. "May I?" Jungkook asked, arms outstretched. "Sure?" Taehyung replied as Jungkook brought him into a hug. Or at least tried to. The bouquet of flowers smacked against kook's arm and the tub of ice cream felt cool against both of their chests. Taehyung giggled, his hand flying to his mouth to cover it. He was supposed to be mad at his friend! Jungkook smiled back, setting the presents down on the counter by the front door, next to intricate family portraits in petite golden frames. He turned back to face Taehyung, who had his own arms outstretched waiting for Jungkook. The older embraced the younger, and they wrapped their arms around each other tightly. Jungkook burried his nose into Taehyung's shoulder, breathing in the sweet scent of his Gucci cologne. Jungkook smiled. That was the smell he wanted to call home. As for Taehyung, he got lost in the softness of Jungkook's oversized hoodie, wrapping the hoodie strings around his hand as the first droplets of water come crashing through the walls that kept him strong.

Jungkook gently pulled away from the older's warmth and noticed the swift movements of Taehyung's clenched fists moving up his cheeks. He detected the glassy texture of his dark brown eyes and provided Tae with a sympathetic smile, to which Taehyung seemingly looked away. Jungkook remembered the gifts. That will make Taehyung better! He quickly turned to face the dark oak dresser and gently picked up the pale blue tub of ice cream and the snow-white buds of Baby's Breath, which happened to symbolize long lasting love and (also) happened to be Taehyung's favorite flower.

"Here!!" Jungkook grinned his usual bunny smile and handed Taehyung the presents. Taehyung graciously took the flowers, bringing them to his nose to discover the aroma emitted by the tiny ivory blooms.

Taehyung smiled briefly at Jungkook as he turned towards the kitchen on the hunt for a free vase to display the beautiful flowers. Jungkook followed, carrying the ice cream. He heard some weird slopping sound coming from the tub with every footstep he took. "I think the ice cream might be a bit... unfrozen?" He said, a unaware of the word he just created. Taehyung laughed, almost spilling the water in the now-filled vase. "What?!" Jungkook whined, "what did I do now?". "Unfrozen? Really kookie? Don't you mean melted???" Taehyung placed the flowers gently into the water and set it on the windowsill, still stunned at the stupidity of his friend. "Oh. Yeah. Sorry." Jungkook whispered, embarrassed. Taehyung replied with a giggle and a smirk, opening the fridge for the second time that night. Jungkook walked towards him and placed the container into the freezer section. Jungkook closed the metal door as Taehyung's voice broke the short silence.

"So why are you here?"