Chapter 14 -"unexpected"

+ PAST ELIJAH

When I made sure Selena completely disappeared inside her house I started driving away to Caleb's house.

Culpable for canceling my date with Selena for the first time ever but I will make sure to make it up for her. Getting to know new people and their different mindset, nothing wrong with that maybe I deserve to get out of my main friendship for a while.

I stopped in Caleb's driveway and got out of the car then locked it, gliding up the stairs reaching Caleb's porch taking in the old odd design of the outside of the place along with the rustiness of the metals and discoloration of the paint. There is no way people live in this house without being disgusted by the surrounding of it.

Knocking on the chipped wooden door, soon being opened by Jeff. "Glad you could make it Bass, Caleb is waiting upstairs." Nodding beaming at him, he stepped aside allowing me to enter the house. The first thing I am being welcomed by is the loud rock music that echoed through the place along with the sickening smell and the old overused furniture that had its fabric torn. I could feel my stomach churning, what the hell was this place?

I followed Jeff upstairs and stopped when he opened the door revealing Caleb and two more guys sniffing powder.

My eyes widened when I realized what I just got myself into, dealing with drugs and consuming it wasn't a smart idea at all. Pulling myself out of this trap was too late.

"Come in Elijah, we have been expecting you man." patting the seat next to him, I went there hesitantly. "Take a load of this, we have a lot to talk about."

He wasn't kidding when he said we had a lot to discuss, there was no chance for me to say no to any of his stipulations that are part of the agreement. There was no way out of this according to Caleb, I found out what they do and their place that he trusts me with. No matter how I tried to tell him about me refusing this, I was locked in this forever. Caleb handed me whatever was rolled, looking like a blunt offering it to me to try the "stuff" we are going to be dealing with.

"Just take it, a little puffs won't hurt." Pressuring me for what felt like ten minutes, without second thoughts I wrapped the white folded roll, filled with substance around my lips lighting it up. Taking the first few hits that were followed by coughs, god this was horrible but yet the feeling after you get used to it was all that mattered.

"I bet your girl is going to be proud, you should bring her with you." Jeff said a devilish smirk plastered on his face.

The last thing I want Selena to know right now is this. It would upset her, perhaps even ruin what's between us.

I spent the entire night smoking, getting extremely wasted and sniffing from whatever that was being handed to me, I knew my eyes were bloodshot from being high.

"Let me drive you home." Marcus offered because he was the only one who didn't consume stuff as much as we all did.

Marcus was a little different from them. Every time I glanced at him it was like he wanted to tell me something or maybe warn me. He helped me downstairs and opened my car for me to get in and started driving to my house.We reached my house and I thanked him then I got out of the car and Marcus did the same and before walking away he spoke.

"Listen Elijah, I know it isn't my place to get into your business or choose your decisions for you but you are a good person and yes I am Caleb and Jeff's friend but trust me you don't want to get involved with us." Marcus warned me.