Chapter 21 -"a peaceful night"

+ SELENA ROSE'S POV

It's been two days since Stephany and I's argument and things haven't been the same since then.

Vincent most of the time stayed silent it's like he is hiding something, Diana is always nervous and she prefers being alone and disconnected from everyone , Elijah and I didn't hang out alone with each other and even Violette seemed off.

Miles was the only one left by my side and i am thankful that i have him in my life.

"I can't believe her, did you see how she was talking?" Miles ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He is basically a mess. He has been over thinking alot and to be honest i can't blame him.

It's true, the more time passes the more secrets are revealed.

Everyone around has their own secret that is going to be revealed, no matter how much either of us try hiding it. Things eventually gets exposed.

"Miles just take a seat and-" he cut me off immediately pointing his index finger at me."Don't you Selena just don't please." He said his voice coming out shaky, the fear in his eyes as he spoke.
I wrapped my arms around him comforting him. We both know that if Stephany gets lost in her addiction.

She won't find a way back and that's exactly how Sam died.

Our heads snapped towards the door once we heard the door bell ring.

"I will get it." I said pulling away from Miles and heading downstairs to open the door. I opened the door to see Elijah standing there his hands in his pockets looking at his feet.

"Hi." Looking up as he greeted me, the hint of sparkle appearing in his eyes as our eyes met.

"Hey." I said glancing back at the house then at Elijah to see if Miles was there or not.I closed the door behind me standing on the porch of my house rubbing my arms since it was windy.

"I missed you." Elijah said gently taking a step closer to me. "Me too." I said my tone coming out low and he caught me off guard when he pulled me into his warm embrace.

The best part about having someone in your life, a friend, a sibling or a lover is them sensing when you are not okay without having to ask you about it. You feel the connection between you and the person grow and you feel relieved, happy that whatever you are going through is being noticed and that was the best thing about Elijah.

"Hey, everything gets better." He said placing his finger under my chin scanning my face.

"I actually came to take you on a day just for me and you, by the look on your face I can tell you need this ." He said scratching back of his neck.

Thinking about Miles and leaving him alone is very selfish but at the same time i really need this.I need to free mind and forget all my worries.

"If it's a no then it's fine." He said quickly shaking his head repeatedly.

"No no it's fine i will just go tell Miles that i am going to Violette." I said causing a smile to form on Elijah's face.

"I will be waiting." He said placing a kiss on my forehead then walking backwards until he reached his car. I went back in going up stairs to Miles' room. I was about to tell him but he talked over me "It's fine Selena i already need some time alone." He said his back facing me as he looked out of the window.I nodded even though i know he didn't see it then went to get ready.

Before opening the door my mom calls me from the basement. I walked towards the basement door and opened it to see her searching through some old boxes, inquisitively scanning each box.