Chapter 15 -"breakdown"

+ SELENA ROSE'S POV

I couldn't feel anything or move any bone in my body. I could hear some faint voices coming and going but I couldn't figure out what they were saying. It's like I am in a totally different world.

I could hear the machines beeping and the nurses that came in to check on me. I was scared, what if something serious happened to me?

My mind wandered to Elijah, how is he doing? Was it all my fault what happened? Was he severely injured?

I want to open my eyes but something is stopping me, my muscles feel so weak it's like they crumbled into pieces.

This sucks. I was doing so good lately and I was genuinely happy that I wasn't faking it anymore but suddenly everything went crashing back down.

I am selfish, Selfish for thinking about myself most of the time and forgetting about others, selfish for what I did to Diana, selfish for trying to come in between Stephany's happiness.

And right now, I hurt the only person I have in my life.

Sadness and guilt is overwhelming my entire body and my heart is aching, all these emotions only worsened my pain.

I could hear, Vincent his voice sounding like a whisper as he spoke to an unfamiliar voice.

I pulled myself together and regained my strength, trying to pull myself together to sit straight up but an immediate pain instantly rushed through my whole body.

"Selena, holy fuck are you okay?" Vincent asked rushing towards me scanning my face.

I didn't answer him for a while because I was breathing heavily trying comprehend what was going on, my concentration level was very limited at the moment. Violette was also in the room, My gaze moved from her to my wrist that Vincent was holding. There were a couple of bruises on it and thankfully I had no broken bones but how? I remember it was a terrible accident so how?

I don't want Elijah to be hurt. I hope nothing serious happened to him because I will never forgive myself.

"Selena do you remember me?" Vincent asked his voice cracking at the end. I guess my confused pale expression gave that off to him, plus maybe the doctor told him that I might suffer some memory loss so he is checking up.

But all I cared about right now at the moment is Elijah. Seeing him was the only thing I needed.

"I want to see Elijah." Giving a nonchalant shrug, with no emotion or concern about his question.

Before I could fully get up Vincent gripped my wrist causing me to fall back on the bed.

"Selena you can't go see him right now." he paused glancing at Violette before looking back at me.

"Diana is with him." Vincent said his voice below a whisper so that no one outside will hear us. "Plus, you still need to rest."

It hurts me that when he wakes up she is the one who is going to see first and not me. It gave me a very uneasy, triggering my emotions. My emotions took the best of me causing me to let out a loud sob but quickly muffled by Vincent pulling me to his chest, rubbing his hand through my hair comforting me.

"I promise you when she leaves we will let you see him." Violette said calmly as she took a seat on the bed beside me.

"How long have I been here?" I asked them curious, wiping my the tears falling down my face with the back of my hand.