Chapter 24 -"when i was your man"

( put on repeat )
_________________

The days are the same after that unbelievably terrible day. Nothing is the same without the person you were very attached to and spent most of your time with.

You feel lost like there is a void in your heart that will never be filled.

You feel hopeless like you will never be able to move on and what if you move on?

The memories are still going to haunt you.

And you are also wondering, did the other person move on?

Or are they still holding on to you?

Alot of mixed emotions that makes you feel trapped in a hole. And that's exactly what Selena was feeling at the moment. She was trapped in a hole with her emotions eating her up. And that's what you feel when you lose someone you love. To not worry her parents she moved in her own apartment.

That gave her a better chance to stay away from all the memories and to be far from Elijah's house and avoid seeing him when he comes to visit his parents.

There are times where she just scrolls on her phone and watches all her memories with Elijah and play them over and over in her head.

There are times where she listens to music and close her eyes to escape reality but she couldn't escape the memories.

That's exactly what Elijah felt too.

It wasn't his choice to leave her but he was forced to, he was forced to for her own good especially after all the damage he caused her.

But they both had to move on with their lives.

It's not the same anymore with Selena waking up and seeing the empty space beside her that Elijah used to fill.

Of course now he is buying another woman flowers, something that used to light up Selena's day. He is now holding another woman's hands while expressing his love for her. He is dancing with another woman and holding her tight never wanting to let go of her.

She will never be able to experience all of that again with Elijah.

Because he belongs to someone else who isn't her.

She could feel her insides sink over thinking about everything.

There are nights she crys that her body aches.

There are nights where she is happy that Elijah is happy and thinks that everything happens for a reason, he does deserve all the best.

And there are nights where she feels nothing.

But there is not a single night that Elijah doesn't cross her mind.

On the other side, Elijah stared outside of his window, fingers enclosed around his cup of coffee that he took sips from periodically.