Chapter 16 -"Beth"

PAST

As Selena kept pacing back and forth in her room waiting for her boyfriend, Elijah who has been giving her zero attention or concern for the past three weeks. It was starting to worry her in a bad way that affected her mentally.

He canceled all of their dates, came home late at night, skipped school most of the days and he isn't being himself.

Selena kept glancing at his window every now and then but no sign of her boyfriend.

It was three in the morning and it was a Saturday now. Selena decided to spy on Elijah's room until he came back from god knows where.

Even Vincent complained to Selena about his brother's actions which made Selena more concerned about the situation. His perplexing behavior made things fretting for them both for the past weeks.

It was four in the morning now and still Elijah didn't show up. She walked to her nightstand to take her phone expecting any texts from him yet she received nothing. She clicked on Vincent's contact and dailed him. After a couple of rings he finally answered "hello." his deep sleepy voice that was woken up by Selena spoke through the phone and she felt bad that she had to wake him up at such time.

"Vincent can you open the front door for me?" Selena asked tapping her nails on the table relieving some of her anxiety through that action.

"Are you seriously calling me for that? No need to fuck Elijah right now let the guy sleep." Vincent rolled his eyes even though Selena couldn't see him as he groaned rolling to his side on his bed changing his position."No idiot Elijah isn't even home."

"Okay hold on for a second." Vincent told her picking up on what Selena meant, he got up and threw a shirt over his body.

While on the other side Selena crept downstairs hoping not to wake her mother and father.She closed the door and started heading towards Elijah's house.

"I can't believe he is still out." Vincent spoke after greeting me after opening the door, his left hand in a loose fist that went rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Yeah me too. I am going to wait for him in his room while you can go back to sleep." Vincent nodded following Selena upstairs."Call me if something happens."

Then the poor lover sat in her careless boyfriend's room waiting for him to show up until she fell asleep not knowing for how long she did but it felt like a while, she was then woken up.

"Selena, hey wake up."  Elijah said rubbing his girlfriend's arm slowly trying to wake her up.
She lazily moved a bit stretching as she started opening her eyes her vision getting more clear now seeing her boyfriend beside her.

She didn't say anything in fact she couldn't believe what she saw.

A totally different person.

Someone so strange to her eyes. This was the first time she saw Elijah after hanging out with Caleb and the others. Feeling the immediate nausea hit her stop as she inhaled the smell that was a mixture of alcohol and different substances that she couldn't figure out their types along with his bloodshot eyes that added to his complete high look.