Chapter Six p2

Ugh guys I'm so sorry. I haven't been in the best mental state and I've been trying to put myself in a better state of mind.

Sorry it's so short but i have so much shit I need to do and I'm literally hanging onto my life by a thread.

Danielle's POV

I quietly sat there for a what felt like hours. I needed to calm down.

I took a shower in the big ass tub and changed into a pair of soft comfort clothes. I needed to find Austin and explain what happened.

I checked his room to see him not there. I check his study and a lot of other rooms and I still couldn't find him. Did I scare him off the property?

I finally find him in the kitchen, finishing a glass of whisky. I slowly make my way up to him. This was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

"Austin- I'm so sorry I ran out on you like that. Imjustsoscaredofmengettingclosetome," I rushed out.

Austin gave me a long, soft look. "I know it's the way your father treated you, Danielle."

"Austin, you're the first man that I can really trust, but I'm so scared that if I tell you, you will say something about it to my father."

He took my hand in his, his warmth giving me comfort. "I promise I won't tell anyone."

I gave a long sigh before I sat at the table across from him. This was difficult. I didn't want to seem like a victim or that I'm seeking attention, but I know it's good to tell someone what happened.

My father didn't want me," I began. "He wanted a son so he could pass down the Alpha title. But he didn't get a son, he got me instead. So he hates me. But he didn't let the opportunity of having of daughter be missed. He used me as a reward for any male werewolves that impressed him and were loyal to him."

His hand that was clutching mine squeezed tight as I continued with reluctance.

"That's why I don't like being around men. I constantly feel threatened and exposed around them.

Austin's POV

I am absolutely repulsed. Not by sweet Danielle, but by the disgusting man she calls a father.

"Can I give you a hug?" I asked, holding my arms out for her. She easily slid into them without reluctance. I held her quietly, wishing I could take all of her pain away.

I pulled back to look at her in her eyes. "I will never hurt you Danielle, in any shape or form. You are safe here and you will never be going back to that horrible place."

"You mean it?" She whispered.

"I pinky promise," I smiled as I held out my pinky for her. With a smile she locked her pinky in mine and shook it.

She leaned forward and gave me the smallest peck on the lips with a shy look. I gave her one of my own before I took her hand again and led her to the bedroom.

"Thank you," she says. "For everything."

"Anything for you."

"Can I ask you another favor?" I nodded.

"My best friend, Lilly, is the only one that supported me in the pack and was there for me through the difficult times. I told her I would call her to tell her I'm okay."

I was disappointed and angry at her old pack for treating her so horribly. It was sad how she had to ask for very simple things when she shouldn't have to.

"You can have whatever you want, Danielle. Wish it, and its yours."

She gave me a shy smile.

"But I want you to call her in the morning. It's starting to get late and you need your beauty sleep."

She pulled the covers off the bed before getting into them, wriggling around until she got comfortable. With a nod, I turned to leave before she called my name.

"Yeah?" I replied

"I have one last question."

I turned around to give her my full attention. She was fidgeting and giving me another shy look.

"Will you..... stay with me? Not to do anything! Just.... sleep?"

"Of course, flower."

I pulled off my shirt before I climbed into the bed with her. I put my arms around her as she snuggled into me. Sticking my nose into her hair, I softly inhaled.

She smelt like home.