Chapter 16.

AUGUST POV

What?? I just got here what you talking about. I laughed trying to play off my nervousness

 I laughed trying to play off my nervousness

"Zendaya stop playing. I can't be a father we didn't even have sex and even if we did - wait what?"

"Yeah please stop talking my guy" she laughed "Darrin needed surgery but they will only operate on a minor with permission from his parents"

"His parents are dead tho.... wait did you tell them we're is parents"

"Look you are smart" she laughed and patted my chest "But would you have rather me let him die"

"No but..hmmm. When they find out you lied we could go to jail"

"I didn't necessarily lie... I might have forged your signature on adoption papers" she said quickly

"Zendaya" I faced palmed myself

"We have until tomorrow to get them approved by the state and if we don't then we're in trouble"

"No you're in trouble!!. How do you know Darrin even wanted this"

"August get away from me before I smack you"

"You can't get mad at me cause I'm right Zen"

"He needed surgery! What was I suppose to do August?"

"You should've signed your name & your name only. You didn't even ask me if I was okay with my name being on that paper"

"You know what August" she took a form out Ty hands and ripped it up "your right. I'll just fill out another one"

"Family of Darrin Jones"

"Right-"

"No!! you aren't his family" she pushed me and walked over to the doctor

"Darrin is gonna be okay. We put his nose back in place and we bandaged up his rib cage. He'll be okay, he has to take it easy for awhile. We'll keep him over night. You can go see him. He's in room 203"

Zendaya walked away from me not even looking back

ZENDAYA POV

I walked into Darrins hospital room and he was sitting up eating jello well more like eating it with a disgusted look on his face. He smiled when I walked in sat the jello down "Do you think they'll give me a cheese burger with bacon and garlic truffle fries"

"I doubt it but we can make that happen. One order from krafty's delivered by postmates"

"Thanks Zen, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you when the guys grabbed you"

"Hey don't worry about that. You tried and I'm just glad your okay. I would've been hurt if you didn't make it" I messed with his curls

"But in other news. I heard you're adopting me"