Chapter 42

AUGUST

I pulled up to the back of the school and hopped out my car "Why you not in class DJ?"

"It's my lunch period & I wanna go home, I'm in pain" I squinted my eyes at him because he was testing me right now and he knew it

"You real bold asking to meet with me" I turned to Travis "you've been causing trouble for my son and you was hella bold when you attempted to touch my wife"

"Wife???" Darrin scrunched his face up

"With all do respect Darrin fights his battles well, we equally matched when it comes to this fighting thing and I was completely outta line when I tried to put my hands on her"

"What is it you need Travis?" I sat on the hood of my car

" I need my brother empire back out of the hands of Tori or Either I need too destroy it."

"Travis when was the last time you've been too your brother trap? We went there this morning for revenge on Tori and there was nothing there. Just rubble and ash, There is no empire. I'm confused about what does Tori has to do with this tho"

"She was the one that killed my brother, I found out this morning. The only reason you found rubble and ash is because I burned it down. I tried to leave the serpents this morning but as I'm sure you know, the only way to leave is in a body bag. I refuse to work for her and I refuse to let her take over my brother legacy. So if I have to end my brother legacy right now just so that it still holds some respect I will"

"But what am I suppose to do? that's what I'm not understanding..Like tell me what you're asking me too do Travis?"

"Kill Tori then

"Then what Trav?? You reclaim the serpent empire as yours??"

"Yea I-"

"Fuck no Travis! look I get what you trying too do and I respect it but the whole beef with me and your brother is that both our empires can't exist here in Atlanta. There's only room for one and now you're standing here asking me too put it back in your hands when the whole objective was too end it. I can't do that but you knew that already. So lets be honest here you really coming to me so that I can kill Tori for you and that's it cause you know there's no other real option right??"

He slowly nodded his head " Tori has death coming her way anyway but you knew that too. She came after my loved ones. Almost took my son away from me, My brothers, My empire. So this is gonna be my last time asking you what exactly are you asking me for??"

"Let me work for you?"

"No. You know I can't do that, I wouldn't be able to trust you"

"I have no reason too turn on you. My brother is dead, I've been wanted out of this game and the only reason I stayed in it was too have my brother back. My parents disowned me the moment I decided to follow behind my brother all we do is send them money and that's because we know it'll keep them off our back. In all honesty I was gonna run, I got to the state border and determined I needed Revenge and that's what I'm gonna get it with or without your help" he went to go get in his car

" Travis!"

He stopped with his hand on the door and looked at me "I gotta do this"

"and I get that. But i remember when you were a kid following us around in NOLA. You should've never been apart of this. You never belonged to this lifestyle and you still don't" I ran my hand down my face " Ima take you to go meet the guys see what they say. Don't make me regret this"

ZENDAYA

"Ryan this is crazy we canceled all our appointments today for this fucking cilent Ryan got and they not even here!! you know how much money we losing out on today?"