Chapter 22.

AUGUST POV

"What do you mean even if she's alive? You told me she was dead."

"Because that's what she wanted us to believe. Netia is very much alive Aug. I met her today"

"Zendaya this isn't something to joke about" Ryan said

"My Guy stfu!!! Why the hell would I joke about this. Aug just come with me upstairs and I'll explain everything I know"

"Just tell me now" I looked down

"I'm gonna give this too you in bullet points to make a long story short
-Ran in to Quavo. Quavo questions me about your sister. Makes me suspicious. I look for a death certificate compare it to my moms. It was Fake"

O interrupted her "how did you get her death certificate?"
"I might've hacked into government files..." he faced palmed himself "three time"

"Okay I'm gonna go erase her digital fingerprints" he walked out

"Continue zen"

"It was fake- found a mug shot of her from 2016 even tho records says she died in 2015. Bailed out of jail by Quavo. Oh yeah left Nola at 17 cause she was in some sort of trouble so she faked her death. That's why records shows she dead. Has a 2 year old son. Changed her name to India"

"Wow anything else?" mike asked

"She's legally married to Quavo" I quickly mumbled but obviously not good enough

"I know you fucking lying" Chris said

"But she's not with him anymore. He was abusive to her so she took their son and left. She a little over an hour away but she's still here in Georgia"

"Zendaya.." I trailed off

"August she thought you were dead! She literally broke down at the mention of your name. She didn't even know you and Quavo had a history"

"So I'm just suppose to trust her knowing she had a whole marriage with him?"

"She didn't even know that you knew him. How is she suppose to know that you knew him when you guys where separated when you were 14 and she was 9! Y'all haven't seen each other so how would she know who you know?"

"She got a point" Mike said

"Facts" Chris agreed

"I don't wanna meet her" I turned my back and went upstairs

ZENDAYA POV

I turned around and looked at everyone. "Is this nigga serious??? He was just being a world class bozo about this shit last week!"

"I went through hell to put these clues together once I knew that she might've been alive and this nigga has the audacity to...you know what nvm I'm outta here"

"Mom wait-"

"I'm sorry Darrin. I'll let you know where I'm going"

I walked out the house and to my car. Soon as I pulled my car door open it was pushed closed "Ma no. You can't do this again. Like why can't you just talk to pops I'm tired of this. You already been gone a week and I could understand why you left but this right here is stupid. Please don't leave again" Darrin looked at me with pleading eyes

"Darrin go inside please" I looked at him breathing hard and clutching his ribs

"Come with me or I'm not moving"

I sighed and felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked at the tattooed hand and knew it was Chris "go inside Darrin and take your pain pills. I got her" Darrin nodded and slowly went in the house "What you doing Zen?"