Space Travel

Strange screamed, filled with utter pain, and that was our jumpstart into action.

I opened up a portal beside Tony. He stepped through, exiting behind Ebony Maw. He remained silent as he let his mask fold over his face and powered up his blasters, holding his hands at the ready.

Peter and I stayed crouching on the rafter.

"..and any one of them.." Ebony was saying. He paused once he noticed Strange's eyes no longer focusing on himself. He turned, folding his hands behind his back. "... could end your friend's life in an instant."

"Gotta say, he's not really my friend. Saving his life is more of a professional courtesy," admitted Tony.

"You save nothing. Your powers are inconsequential to mine," said Ebony.

"Yeah," dragged out Tony. "But the kids seen more movies."

Quickly, he fired at the floating crate Ebony was telekinetically lifting. It was intended as a distraction, though it entirely backfired, as the crate flew to the edge of the cockpit and exploded against the wall. It broke a hole in the ship and sucked Ebony Maw through it, the shards penetrating Strange next, and the Cloak flew to grab Strange before he too was lost to space.

I didn't see much of what occurred because I was sucked by the force as well. Peter attempted to shoot a web for me; it didn't reach. Though my body was flipping wildly through the air, I created a portal near where I believed the hole had been created, and flew through it, barely clearing it.

A metal arm grabbed my leg for stability. I closed the portal. Tony set me on the floor and helped shove me him, protected by his stable grip system from the rush of force.

Peter had lasted a second longer than I had, having the ability to stick to the ledge. Rightfully, he focused on saving Strange. At some point, he attached a web to Strange and was flying behind him as they were both being sucked into the force of space.

I reached to open a portal and land them by us, Tony raised his hands to cover the hole, but suddenly four golden rods came shooting out of Peter's back and hooked onto the edge of the ship.

"Yes!" screamed Peter, looking around. "Wait, what are those?!"

The rods bent and extended outwards, shooting Peter and Strange into the ship. Tony patched the hole as I opened a portal to send them behind Tony and I. When everything in the ship was sealed and still, long exhales came from the adults.

"I'm getting old," I sighed.

"You and I both," muttered Tony.

"Hey, we haven't officially met," said Peter. I turned and saw him speaking to the Cloak. He held out his hand. The Cloak left and adjusted itself back on Strange's shoulder. "Cool."

"Turn this ship around," grunted Strange as he got to his feet.

Tony sauntered to the window, saying, "Great! Now he wants to run."

"I want to protect the Stone," defended Strange.

"And I want you to thank me now. Go ahead, I'm listening."

"For what? Nearly blasting me into space?"

"Who just saved your magical ass? Me?"

Peter walked to stand beside me. He watched me watch them, my arms stationed on my hips. He opened his mouth to ask a question but I held up my finger to silence him. I simply shook my head.

"I seriously don't know how you fit your head into that helmet," chuckled Strange. He turned, irritated, and met my eye. "How can you work with him?"