Chapter 4

The prisoners traveled in a cage. The road was bumpy and the prisoners could see everything around them. As they traveled, they saw other slaves already set to work. They all looked the same. Tired, exhausted, and a heavy iron collar around their necks. Some prisoners stop working to glance up at the new slaves, but were whipped harshly and told to get back to work.

Jelina and Jellal sat next to each other, at the man's feet. Jelina was shaking in fear.

"We've arrived," the guard said as he opened the cage door. At first, the new slaves didn't get out. Immediately, the guards leaped into action. They started whipping the new slaves until they miserably walked or crawled out.

Jelina and Jellal watched as the other slaves were put to work. The same large guard came, picked them up like rag dolls and started to walk. Left, right, left, left, middle fork, so many turns they lost count. After what felt like forever, they reached a gigantic circular room with a large, weak looking lacrima. On the throne off to the side, sat the man from before.

"I see you've made it ," he said with a smile. Finally, he thought impatiently.

"So? What do you want?" Jellal spat.

"What I want is simple. I want you to charge up the lacrima you see over there," he said, waving his hands to the lacrima in the center of the room.

"Like hell will do that for you," Jellal angrily growled.

"I'm not talking about you," he said, dismissing Jellal. He looked at Jelina. "Do you want the pleasure of charging it for me?"

"No she won'-" before Jellal could even finish, the large guard grabbed him and rested a knife at his throat.

"Jellal!" Jelina yelled in alarm.

"Yes," the man whispered softly, suddenly by Jelina's side. "If you don't comply, I kill your brother right before your eyes".

"You wouldn't," Jelina said as fear crawled into her eyes.

"Oh, of course I would," he hissed. "You have no idea what I'm capable of."

"Jelina! Don't!" Jellal yelled, being free from the guard for about 2 seconds before being grabbed again.

Jelina looked at Jellal, then the lacrima, the back at Jellal. Panic rose in her eyes, her mind racing as she chose who to follow. The man, or her brother.

" I-I'll do it," she whimpered quietly.

"Wonderful," he said with a smile.

"But it will take me 13 days. One day of charging, the next day resting. A-And I need Jellal. We're more powerful together. That is the bond of twins," Jelina suddenly said, looking at the man, daring him to refuse.

"Fine," he growled.

Whatever, he thought. If that's what it takes to revive our god, then yes.