Chapter 8

'Land,' Jelina thought as she felt the presence of land. Sure enough, land came into view as she stood in her protective bubble. When she was close enough, she popped the bubble that protected her for so long and touched the sand on the beach. Without her bubble, she felt vulnerable. And lonely.

Her hair was no longer navy blue, but a dark shade of black. Her eyes went from brown to black to. And the red markings around her left eye faded.

Looking up, she saw sun rays, beaming down upon her. Light, after so many years. She bit angrily on her lip, wishing that someone else was here, by her side, enjoy the light with her. Then it was gone.

Her eyes were empty, almost like when she left the sea, she also left her emotions. Her face said absolutely nothing.

She turned her head towards the city. Magnolia. Home of Fairy Tail. The place that Rob told her to go. Where he said she would find a home in this cruel world. 'Grandpa Rob,' she thought sadly. But even though she was sad, you wouldn't be able to tell. After being in the sea for so long, she gained the ability to hide and bottle up all her emotions.

Slowly, she began walking out of the sea. She marched on to the beach. Luckily, no one saw her. But as soon as she got to the outskirts of the city, she heard the whispers.

"Who's she?"

"Why is she wearing rags?"

"Are those chains on her wrist? Why is she wearing chains?"

"Where did she come from?"

"That is not a normal kid from the street,"

Jelina blocked all of their nasty remarks. Wherever she went, those comments followed.

Finally, she found it. "Fairy Tail," she whispered softly.

"Do fairies have tails? More than that, do fairies even exist? Nobody knows for sure. So this guild is like them, an eternal mystery, thus an eternal adventure." an old voice said, behind Jelina.

Quickly, Jelina spun around, got in to fighting mode, and pumped up her magic energy level. In this city, no one tried to talk to her. 'This person might pick up a fight,' Jelina thought reasonably. Behind her was an old man, two heads shorter than her.

"Whoa! Easy there. Your magic level just jumped! I'm not here to fight," the old man said, raising his hands for proof.

'How is that possible? How can this old man tell that I raised my magic level? Me and Jellal trained hard to prevent that,' Jelina thought. 'I should play it safe.'

"So what were you saying?" asked Jelina, lowering her magic power.

"Ah, yes. Fairy Tail. A wonderful guild. A family," he said. A calm aura seeped out of him.

"D-Do you know a man called Rob?" Jelina asked quietly.

"R-Rob?" he stuttered.

"Yes," Jelina answered.

"Follow me child," he said softly.

'This man even sounds like Grampa Rob!' Jelina thought alarmingly, 'And his aura feels somewhat the same to,' following him, the two climbed into the guild hall. Through the window.

The old man's office was chaos. Papers were stacked to the ceiling, on the floor, and covering the desk. Shelves were cramped with binders, papers sticking out.

"First off, my name is Makarov Dreyar. I'm the 3rd master of this guild, Fairy Tail. Now, please tell me all you now about my missing friend Rob," Makarov said with plea.

Carefully, Jelina reached from under her rags, took the necklace that Rob gave her, and showed it to Makarov.

With shaking hands, Makarov took the charm and looked at it. He gasped.

'So Grampa Rob does know this guy,' Jelina thought.

Hurriedly, Makarov dropped the necklace charm back onto her hands and then began rifling through his office. Finding what he was looking for, he took a step back and let out a sigh. He walked back across his office, towards Jelina, and showed her what he found.

It was the exact same as Jelina's necklace. The thing was, it wasn't a necklace, it was a pendant. But the charm was the twin. Even the number on the back was the same.

"Hold yours out," Makarov told Jelina. Jelina did as she was told. Once the two charms were in contact, they both began to glow.

"This is the real one," Makarov said, tears blinking in and out of his eyes.

"I'm sorry," Jelina muttered, not very sure of what to do.

"It's not your fault, child," Jelina flinched. The likeness was incredible.

The charms began to glow even more. Finally, it stopped glowing and projected a picture. It was a beautiful photo, the realness was uncanny. It was almost as if Jelina could touch the people in the photo.

The photo contained 6 people. Jelina noticed one person looked like a young Makarov, and another looked like . . .

"Rob," Makarov whispered. He was gazing at the young version of Rob. "That's me," he said, pointing. Jelina noticed he was trying to keep his tears from spilling down his eyes. "That's Porlyusica," this time, he pointed to the only girl. She had pink hair and clutched a book in her hands. "Yajima, Bob and Goldmine," pointing at each of them in turn. Yajima was wearing a tan shirt, Bob had black hair and wearing a tux, Goldmine had sunglasses and a black jacket.

"So . . ." Makarov said, trying to break the silence. "Did Rob till you to join this guild?"

"He just told me to come here," it took Jelina's everything to stop herself from crying.

"Well maybe you could join . . ." Makarov said hopefully.

"O-Okay," Jelina said doubtfully.

"Here, let me do it. Where do you want your guild mark?"

Having a little bit of knowledge about guilds, Jelina said, " A small one, behind my left ear, black." Reaching up, she pulled up her now jet-black hair and showed him the spot.

Makarov, who has never heard a guild mark in that spot, hesitated.

"What's wrong?" Jelina asked.

"Nothing," Makarov quickly placed the mark. "Do you have a place to stay?" he asked, concerned.

"Yep," Jelina lied.

"Come by the guild sometime soon alright?" He asked, doubtful.

For a brief moment, her eyes flared a blinding shade of blue. Then turned back to black.

"Sure."

There was a moment of silence.

"Are you an Aura User?" Makarov blurted.

Jelina looked at him in shock.

"Y-Yes. How did you know?"

"Your eyes went bright blue for a second," he told her.

Reaching up, she touched her eyes.

"It's been so long . . ." she muttered quietly.

'Aura magic is considered Lost Magic. In fact, no one has ever mastered this magic!' Makarov thought.

"H-Hey," Jelina sputtered. "Can I call you Gramps?"

"Of course, child."

Smiling, she left his office.

Through the window, of course.