Chapter Eight

Nazmeera put her bag on the table nearby as she went towards the bed,a frail hand reaching for her own.Nazmeera held it and sat down on the chair nearby.

"Abi I told you to call me immediately if they took you to hospital and you didn't."

"I didn't want to worry you binti with Hamza being here and all." Nazmeera shook her head at him.

"That's no excuse." Nazmeera turned her head to see the woman who stood in the embrace of her son.

"Ummi,Zaid what have the doctors said?Is Abi fit enough to go through with the dialysis?"

"Ughti Abi is fit enough to go through with the dialysis but....." He cut off and Nazmeera gave him a stern look.

"But what Zaid?"

"But Abi Sufyaan refuses to go through with it?" Nazmeera looked at her father with a confused look.

"And why are you refusing to go through with it Abi?"

He gave her a fragile smile,"If it is in my taqdeer to go then who will be able to stop death."

Nazmeera felt tears well up and she placed a kiss on her father's hand,"You right but I still need my father.I got you in my life after a very long time Abi and I can't lose you so soon."

Abi Sufyaan held her hand tighter,"Binti my hand has always been on your head but I don't want to leave you with a burden on your heart that you tried and didn't succeed."

"But then I'll have the satisfaction in my head that I tried.Please abi go for it." Abi Sufyaan was melted by the tears in her eyes and he nodded,"Alhumdullilah,Zaid go tell the doctor that Abi will be going in."

"Nam Ughti." Zaid left and Abi Sufyaan glanced at her.

"After the dialysis I have decided to reopen the case and testify against Jameela." Nazmeera's mouth fell open and she nodded her head.

"Okay will that mean I have to return to Zunran?" Abi Sufyaan nodded his head and Nazmeera gave a curt nod,laying her head down.

Abi Sufyaan glance at Ummi Zaid who nodded her head,exiting the room.

"Binti what is the issue?" Nazmeera felt tears run down her face and she bit back a sob as Abi Sufyaan's hand was put on her head.

"Aamanah....she knows Abi.She.....she's home and I was...was so rude to her."

"This was going to happen one day binti.Jjst remember you always have a choice.You need your happiness as well." Nazmeera lifted her head and Abi Sufyaan wiped away her tears,"You always have a choice binti and you one choice can give you immense happiness or sadness.Whatever you choose remember it will affect your daughter as well."

"Abi how can I get my happiness without compromising their happiness.The last time I almost ruined their marriage and....."

"No binti the last time you never ruined their marriage.That wasn't your fault.You did everything possible to give them their happiness,sacrificing all your happiness for  them then how could you have ruined their marriage?You only wanted your rights and fighting for your rights doesn't mean you the wrong one.Hamza did not understand the concept of two wives,he did not see where he went wrong and he is the only one to blame at this moment.Not you my beloved.Do not make a decision for them make a decision for you and for your daughter because this is who matters the most.Make a decision where you will get happiness not this sadness."

Nazmeera brought her father's hand up and laid a kiss on it,"I will always be grateful to Allah that He sent me you Abi.If you weren't here today I don't know how I'd be surviving."