Chapter Fourteen

Nazmeera sat on the floor helping Umme Khultum build a tower of blocks along with Uthmaan,while Umar sat snuggled up against her side.Hamza,Aamanah and Zeenat watched as the four of them built the tower with absolute concentration.

The doorbell rang and Nazmeera stood up while giving the children instructions,"Try to keep it up until I come back and if you'll do I'll give you'll a treat,okay?"

The children nodded,without looking up at her and Nazmeera walked away smiling as she went to open the door.Hamza gave Aamanah a curious look which she responded to with one word causing Hamza and Zeenat to roll their eyes.

"Ihsaan."

"Where is my niece?" Nazmeera rolled her eyes as Ihsaan barged into her house.

"Well,hello to you too and please make yourself at home."

Ihsaan gave her a sarcastic smile as he held a few ToysRUs bags in his hand along with a Pick 'n Pay bag as well which Nazmeera assumed had ice cream.

"HI,now where is my niece,your daughter,the devils angel child?"

"I'm not a devil." Nazmeera almost chuckled at the scream that came from the lounge as she closed the door and lead Ihsaan to the lounge.

"You right,you the devil in disguise who hates an angel like me." Ihsaan said smugly as they entered the lounge only for a small whisper to make Hamza laugh in his face.

"Jeez from which angle does he look like an angel?" Ihsaan glared at Zeenat who smiled back with a fake,innocent smile,"Have you seen your face?Even Monster Inc. has prettier monsters."

Ihsaan's glare intensified but then he smirked,"But you like this face Zeeno and soon you won't have complains about my beautiful face." Zeenat's eyes went wide and she quickly looked down as her face went red at his comment,yet she was confused.What did that mean?

Hamza and Aamanah gave one another confused glances only for them to be unable to ask what Ihsaan meant when Nazmeera summoned his interest.

"Umme Khultum,meet this uncle." Ihsaan glanced at the small girl who stood next to Nazmeera,looking at him with big curious eyes,"He is ammh Ihsaan and Ihsaan this is my daughter,Umme Khultum."

Hamza kneeled down,putting the bags on the floor and he reached into one to pull out a Barbie doll.

"HI Umme Khultum.I brought you this." Umme Khultum looked up at her mother who nodded with a smile,before she begun walking towards Ihsaan and took the doll from him.

"Jazakallah ammh Ihsaan."

Ihsaan's smile went wide and he embraced the child before kissing her cheek and pinching her cheeks.

"MashaAllah,you are so beautiful." Umme Khultum blushed,mumbling a small jazakallah.Ihsaan tilted his head back and forth ready to make a sarcastic comment as he looked at Hamza who narrowed his eyes,"She definitely doesn't look like the devils spawn."

Nazmeera was quick to hit the back of his head,"Don't call her a spawn."

Hamza agreed with Nazmeera and  opened his mouth to spew a few colorful words at the man he considered a friend when Ihsaan was bombarded by the twins.

"Ammh Ihsaan,what did you bring for us?" Ihsaan smiled at them reaching into the other bags,giving each boy a remote control car.

"Here this is for you'll."

"Jazakallah." They said together as they pulled Umme Khultum to go play with them and that's when Hamza's colorful words rained upon him.

Nazmeera shook her head,as the two men started to bicker.Sesms like some things did not change while she was away.
_______________________________________
Nazmeera leaned back as she watched Hamza play with Umme Khultum in the swimming pool.A small smile played on her lips as Hamza threw Umme Khultum in the air and her daughter's squeals filled the air.