Chapter Nineteen

CHAPTERS LEFT TO THE END:
1(ONE)

_______________________________________

Nazmeera stood in front of a building she thought she would never see again.Her hands felt wet and her heart beat against her chest,as if it were going to run away.Nazmeera took a deep breath in and held Umme Khultum's sleeping body in her arms,walking towards the double doors.

The guard greeted her and after she stated where she wants to go,she signed the register of entry and walked to the lifts.

Nazmeera felt her throat closing,her heart beating faster and faster.As the lift reached the floor,the doors opened and Nazmeera took two deep breaths before walking out only to stand outside the door.

Was she ready for this?No!Did it have to be done?Hell yeah!Was Nazmeera going to faint?Maybe!

Gosh,I'm dramatic,Nazmeera thought to herself as she rang the doorbell.

Nazmeera's stomach begin to turn and twist as she heard footsteps approach the door.Ya Allah please don't let me faint,this repeated itself in Nazmeera's brain as she heard a key twist and the door begun to open.

"Nazmeera."

Aamanah was shocked,absolutely shocked.Standing in front of her was no one other then Nazmeera and could not believe it.

“Come in.” Aamanah moved away from the door and Nazmeera took a few deep breaths as she entered the apartment,memories of the last time she had been here hitting her hard and if it were not for the fact that she was holding Umme Khultum she would have turned to run.

“I need to put Umme Khultum on a bed.” Her voice was just above a whisper and Aamanah nodded pointing Nazmeera to what used to be the boys nursery.

“Jazakallah.” Nazmeera laid her on the bed and she looked around the room,her breath catching in her throat as memories assaulted her.The room was now navy blue and white,but Nazmeera smiled as she saw one of the rocking chairs still in place.Taking a deep breath Nazmeera walked out of the room.

“How come she didn't go to kindergarten today?” Aamanah asked once they sat down and Nazmeera gave her a small smile.

“She's down with a flu and slight fever,so I didn't want her going to school when she's like this.”

“Oh.”They sat in an awkward silence which Nazmeera broke by speaking.

“I'm sorry for being so rude to you and treating you like a stranger.I just didn't want to return into the family and cause issues like I did the last time.I mean I almost broke your and Hamza's house.Years ago I left to keep you'll together and the fear of you'll separating because of me was huge.I would never want to harm your relationship with Hamza.I'm so sorry.I hope you can forgive me.”

Aamanah felt tears blind her eyes at Nazmeera's apology and she shook her head,”You don't need to apologize at all.You never did anything wrong,you were right in your own place.I’m sorry for making you feel as if you were harming my relationship with Hamza and that you were breaking my house.You weren't Nazy.Never was it like that.The last time you heard me talk to Hamza,I was hurt at his actions and his words.It was never your fault in fact I mostly did wrong.We both forgot that our duties have changed after your marriage to Hamza and we tried to take it normally.” Aamanah held Nazmeera's hands,”We forgot that we are sister wives and not just cousins.What you did do wrong was leave without waiting for an explanation and that hurt.”

“My fight or flight instincts took over and I presumed that if I left everything would be fine.My entire life I thought that leaving solves all problems and that's what I did then also,” Nazmeera blinked away tears as she gazed at Aamanah with a heavy heart,”I forgot that walking away never did anyone any good and that walking away would make everything okay.I did do wrong,to Hamza,to you and to ammh and ammo.Sometimes walking away foes give you a clearer picture of what's to come and I got that.I realized my mistakes but never thought I would get a chance to right itbut now here we are.Aamanah,this time I went to do everything in a good way,I want there not to be any bad blood between us and I want that whatever happens we can talk it through.Do you think we can do this?”