Chapter Fifteen

Hamza watched Nazmeera talk to the men who were seated in the conference room.He watched as she spoke with confidence and stopped once a a while to answer questions.

Hamza thought back to the night before when Umme Khultum had forced him to sleep in the same bed as her and Nazmeera.Nazmeera had been awkward,placing Umme Khultum between them.Yet as Nazmeera and Umme Khultum fell asleep he put his hand on her hand,many memories ran through his mind.

Many would say he just had an obsession but he loved her,he really loved her.Is love only associated with kisses and hugs and sweet words?Can love not be the care that lays deep down,the small laughs passed amongst one another and the possessiveness that covers the heart every time you fear losing the person?He missed her when she was not with him and now it pained him to be so close to her that he could not hold even if he wanted to.

Once she finished all the men stood up and greeted her leaving the conference room.Hamza took his time to get up and put his things together.He looked up to see Nazmeera doing the same and once he was done,he made his way towards her.

"Nazmeera." She looked up and he smiled at her,"Let's go have lunch together."

Nazmeera pursed her lips together before giving him a small nod,"Sure." Hamza rejoiced inside and they walked out of the conference room and to the elevator.

"Where do you want to go eat?"

Nazmeera tilted her head,"Ameera's.It's around the corner."

"Okay." Hamza put his hand on Nazmeera's back as they walked out of the lift and he felt her body tense,"Don't worry,I won't try anything."

Nazmeera rolled her eyes,"Even if you did I wouldn't allow it."

"Oh well I would have taken my chances." Nazmeera rolled her eyes,shaking her head at his confidence as she pulled out her phone and out of the corner of his eye he saw her message Abi Sufyaan asking her if Umme Khultum was okay.

Abi Sufyaan and Ummi Zaid looked after Umme Khultum as Nazmeera could not pick her up from kindergarten and Nazmeera refused to let Aamanah take responsibility of Umme Khultum.In her own words,she did not trust Aamanah to take care of Umme Khultum and Hamza had seen the pain pass through her eyes at Nazmeera's words.Oh well,they should have expected that Nazmeera would not let Umme Khultum stay with Aamanah for even five minutes unless Hamza was with.

Hamza snapped out of his thoughts when Nazmeera's phone and rang and she answered it.

"Hello Khaleeloo."

Hamza gritted his teeth as her face spilt into a smile at whatever Khaleel was saying before she chuckled.

"Oh don't be such a big baby.Just buy him a gift and he'll listen."

Nazmeera had moved away from Hamza's hand and he fisted his hand as she laughed with Khaleel.They entered Ameera's and Nazmeera put her phone away.

"How is Khaleel?" Nazmeera raised an eyebrow at Hamza's sarcastically asked question as they sat down.

"He is well alhumdullilah." Nazmeera picked up the menu and Hamza followed her.They ordered and fell into an awkward silence.The waitress brought their meals and they begun eating.

"So what happened in your life while you were away?" Nazmeera looked at Hamza,contemplating what she should say before finally talking.

"I got a job,got a child,raised my child,worked myself towards a promotion and hereby sitting in front of you."

"What about this Yusuf person?" Hamza spewed the name out as if it burned his tongue.

"I don't want to talk about him?"

Hamza pursed his lips as she took a sip of water,"Why not?"

"Because it isn't important."

"But he proposed for your hand in marriage son it is important." Nazmeera inhaled sharply,glaring at Hamza.

"Do you want to fight with me over lunch and make a scene?"

Hamza shook his head,"No,I just want to know about the man interested in my wife."

Nazmeera rolled her eyes,"He proposed,I rejected.The end.No need to be interested in him unless you gay."

This time Hamza rolled his eyes as Nazmeera went back to eating her meal,"That's all?He never become another one of your 'friends'? And I'm not gay,I'm too hot to be gay."

Nazmeera finished chewing her food before replying,"No,he didn't become one of my friends.Stop showing interest in Yusuf then I'll believe you aren't gay."

"Okay fine." Hamza took a bite of his food,following Nazmeera before he spoke again,"Won't you ask me what I did while you were away?"

Nazmeera shook her head,giving him a mocking smile,"No thank you.I don't want to know about how you spent that time with your wife."

"Your cousin."

"In this case your wife." The air filled with tension as Hamza tired to read into Nazmeera's behavior but she ignored his eyes glancing out the window.

"Did you miss us?" Nazmeera looked at him only to nod her head once.

"Of course,I did but everytime I thought about what she said the feeling would disappear."

"Do you hate us?"

Nazmeera shook her head,"Hate is a very strong word.I intensely dislike you'll not hate."

Hamza looked down,his hands fiddling with the table cloth before he looked up,his eyes filled with hoe that he would something good in return of what he would ask,"Do you still love me?"

Nazmeera blinked back tears at his question and she thought over the million times that she would remember his eyes,his smile,his hugs,his kisses,his teasing,his words even his possessiveness and she would shed tears.

"Even if a heart is broken to pieces,each piece will always miss the person it ever loved.Then you realize that the Almighty is there and you stop crying,your heart pieces join together but that love never remains the same."

Saying that Nazmeera gestured for the waitress to come to the table and she waited for Hamza to pay the bill.They stood up and in silence walked to the office.

"I need my bag from upstairs." Hamza said softly and Nazmeera nodded as they walked to the elevator.Through the elevator ride,Hamza repeatedly glanced at Nazmeera who kept her gaze on the elevator door.Soon the door stopped on her floor where the conference rooms were as well and they exited the elevator only to see man sitting in the front chair.

The man stood up when he saw Nazmeera exit the elevator and he gave her a smile.Nazmeera stopped in her tracks and she looked at the guy with wide eyes.

"Yusuf."