Bruce; Psychologist

Nico's POV

-Dream-

I winced slightly at the burning from the river but wracked my brain to remember a myth that I had heard about so long ago. "If you are Moros, god of doom, Then why do you have a form? The myths told you as a shapeless spirit."

He laughed-a cruel, piercing, laugh-and gestured at his body. "Like my mother, I am able to take a form. I just have never done so before. I guess I have never needed to."

I nodded but felt the movement put strain on my body. I let a short gasp escape my lips, and saw his smile grow twice as big. 

"Now, straight to the point. The lord of the pit wants me to torture you. He feels disgusted that a demigod is contaminating the purity of his pit. To be honest, I don't care. But I will never turn down a chance to torture."

I winced again. I had been tortured before, yes, but not by the order of a Primidoral, and not in Tartarus. 

He drew a long and wickedly sharp sword and started the long process. 

Time went so slow, literally.

-Dream Finish-

Will hadn't been quick enough to clamp his hand over my mouth, so even several floors above, the Avengers, staff, and probably China heard my screams. I ran my hands over my arms and neck, feeling the phantom pains of the whip lashes. 

My husband held me to his body, gently stroking my hair and speaking encouraging words into my ear. He knew how hard it was to relive my past.

"It's okay, Nico. Nico, listen to me? You're not there. You're not there. You're with me." he whispered.

A sharp knock from someone outside our door made me my head slightly. "What is it?" I ask tiredly.

"Nico, are you okay? Was that you screaming?" I heard the voice of none other than Bruce Banner.

"I'm fine!" I reply, blinking back tears. 

"Are you really?" he says quietly.

"Yes," I say quickly, letting Will brush my tears away and kiss me on the forehead.

"Well, Okay." He says, obviously unconvinced. Since when was he a psychologist? "See you in the morning, I guess."

"Yeah," I whisper.

Why did I have to do this? Why was it so much harder this time?