04 | Dead Memories

By this point, Haru was frustrated and angry; confused and tired

By this point, Haru was frustrated and angry; confused and tired. Most of all, who was this guy she kept bumping into and why could she see his emotions?!

"What?!" The worker exclaimed, wide eyed and visibly in shock.

Haru realized far too late that she had just cursed at him for reasons unknown to him. Even if she was angry that she could see his colors, it wasn't his fault.

"O-Oh ah yes, I wanted to pay," she stuttered as she grabbed ten dollars from her bag and hastily slapped them on the counter. Haru could feel that her hand was trembling and quickly retracted it. "You can keep the change uh," she hurriedly glanced at the name tag on his chest, "W-Wonho. Keep it." And with that, Haru was running out of the door and down the street, running away from him for the second time that week. She watched as the color on her semi shaking hands turned into a deep gold.

"What...the-"

Haru had never seen such a color on her hands before. What did that even mean?

Her thoughts floated back to golden boy whose smile was equally as blinding as his golden swirls.

Wonho.

She'd have to remember that name.

------------------------------------------------------

"Um, excuse me?" Wonho heard a timid voice question through the half-cracked kitchen door.

"Take care of that customer for me, will you?" Jaehyun asked as he kneaded some dough.

Wonho washed his hands from all the flour and dough and walked out with a pep in his step; definitely in a much better mood today. He saw his first customer of the day looking straight down at the counter and found it a bit odd, but greeted them nonetheless. "Oh! How can I help you? Did you need to pay?" He asked as he flashed his usual smile.

She looked up at him and Wonho watched as all the color drained from her face.

Was she feeling sick?

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" the customer blurted out loud enough for him to hear. "What?!" Wonho retorted with wide eyes in surprise and confusion, not understanding what exactly was going on. Had he dealt with her before and just didn't remember? Two years working at this place had made him more aware he wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Wonho watched her face now, as it changed into sudden realization that she had just said that aloud. She then stuttered out, "O-Oh ah yes, I wanted to pay."

He observed how she rummaged through her bag and with a shaky hand slapped ten dollars onto the counter. Wonho eyed the money then looked up at her, "You can keep the change uh," she said as she looked at his chest. His chest? What was on his chest? "W-Wonho. Keep it." Oh, right. His name tag.