09 | Pain

Ending up back at D&W after the confrontation with her mother was only natural. It was her safe place.

At least, it had been.

Haru inhaled the warm spring air into her lungs and opened the door to D&W, ready for a warm welcome from any one of her boys. As Haru looked up from the carpeted floor of the café, she felt herself stiffen at the sight in front of her.

If she had thought things through from the beginning, maybe she wouldn't have made such a rash decision. Maybe she would have remembered what today was if she hadn't been so distracted, because what was standing in front of her was the last thing she wanted to see.

Her black hands were now mixed with a deep purple.

One glimpse at the ghastly hue was enough for her to momentarily lose her resolve and Haru quickly fisted them behind her back, digging her nails into her palms to shut off her racing thoughts. She had forgotten about the keys in her right hand and felt them also dig into her flesh painfully, but she welcomed it at this point.

"H-Hey guys," She squeaked out. Unfortunately, the first to turn toward her was Hoseok and he was quick to pick up on everything. Haru mentally cursed herself for slipping up so easily, but it didn't help that she was completely caught off guard.

"Haru!" Jungkook bounded toward her at full speed, knocking the breath out of her as soon as he made contact and squeezed her so hard, she thought she'd pass out. Perhaps it was a preferable option.

He spun her around in the air - which was hardly an easy task because of how tall she was – giggling about how much he had missed her and how he had honestly wished she and the rest of them could have gone with him. Unbeknownst to him, it would have been a hard pass on her part either way. Settling her back on the ground as a dizzy mess, he latched onto her once more and whispered into her hair, "I really missed you, Roo." Haru immediately felt her mouth go dry.

Before she could reply anything in return, a feminine voice spoke up behind Jungkook. A familiar, sweet voice that Haru had memorized all too well. "He wouldn't shut up about how much he missed you all on the plane ride back."

"Mei!" Jungkook whined.

Haru was starting to feel sick. Could it have been all the spinning?

Then, as if on cue, her favorite Tiger Army song began to blast in the background. Haru tuned out everything and looked around, only to find the person she shared a bond with to the song missing. Yoongi must be getting the venue ready for the night.

"How is it that things turned out this way?

What you hold most dear has come and goneSince the time that everything was rightAnd now it just feels wrong, oh so wrong"

"Haru?"

Feeling a tug on her hand, she took her gaze which had been fixed on the ceiling's speakers to Hoseok's worried eyes.

"And you're still dreaming of the time

When the day will come, it was meant to beAnd you're still dreaming of a wayTo reach that place that you've never been"

"Are you okay?" He whispered into her ear, all while not letting go of her hand. She inhaled a sharp breath and prepared herself for her next rash decision. "Yeah. I came to tell you that everything went great with my family." The painful, forced smile she gave him only made him frown. "Why is your left cheek so red?" He scowled at it, brushing his fingers across it which made her flinch. The slap had been a hard one and her skin was still sensitive. "Haru..."