07 | Search and Destroy

"I'm going out for a smoke," Wonho announced grumpily to everyone packing up in the green room, trudging his feet across the floor

"I'm going out for a smoke," Wonho announced grumpily to everyone packing up in the green room, trudging his feet across the floor. "A smoke? Jesus, was today really that bad?" Kihyun popped his head up from his backpack, where he was shoving in a plastic bag full of sweaty clothes.

"If it wasn't for that constant headache over there," Wonho said, pointing swiftly in Minhyuk's direction, only to hear a noise of offended objection, "Then it would have been fine."

He rolled his eyes and crossed the threshold of the door leading to the parking lot, when of course, he heard Kihyun yell, "Hurry up or we're leaving without you!"

------------------------

As he settled himself against the wall, cigarette burning between his fingers, he thought back to what had happened earlier that night.

Seeing Haru again had caught him so off guard he could hardly think straight and Minhyuk had made the situation far worse with his usual antics.

Although, what truly afflicted him more than anything was why they kept bumping into each other. It was inevitable to think that the circumstances were just mere coincidences anymore. Or maybe, it was just him who was reading too much into it?

Yeah, it was probably just his lack of sleep driving him to think such odd things.

Lost in his own thoughts, he hadn't been aware that someone else had arrived at the back of the venue. He glanced lazily to the side at the commotion that now filled his ears, wondering who had accompanied him in the dark.

It was none other than Haru, rubbing at her eyes furiously. She stomped her foot in what seemed like frustration, profanities coming out of her mouth so effortlessly he couldn't help but laugh. It was as he had said before. Those expletives flowed out of her mouth like poetry. The memory made him laugh even more.

"W-Wonho?"

The hand by his side twitched at the sound of his nickname coming from her. Wonho wondered why it bothered him so much to hear her call him by it, but it just didn't sit right with him when she said it. He squeezed his eyes shut, willing the restless feeling inside his chest to subside.