08 | When The Sun Sleeps

He could have sworn he had called the day off

He could have sworn he had called the day off. As his delirious state would have it, he apparently had not. Wonho had hallucinated it so vividly that it was really a shame, because he truly felt like he was dying. His body ached, and he felt like his fever was going to send him into a new dimension.

"H-Hey Wonho," The newbie Seungjun timidly grabbed his attention. "I hate to bother you in the state that you're in," Seungjun grimaced, which seemed more like a smile with how wide his mouth was. "It's just that... Eunbi... Is at table five asking for you. I-I tried to tell her I could serve her for today instead since you weren't feeling well, but she insisted," He rambled on which in turn made Wonho's head spin.

"Alright. I'll take care of it." Wonho nonchalantly waved him away as he tried his best to get himself together. He needed this tip today. Rent was due soon and it looked like they were barely gonna make it.

Exhaling a deep breath, he made his way over to her as best he could, but the floor was starting to warp under his feet. He stopped midway and shook his head to see if it would help, but that had seemed to only make it worse.

"Hello, what can I get for you today?" He inhaled, trying to keep himself looking perky and awake. It felt like his eyes were giant saucers with the way he was widening them, to the point that they were starting to burn. He didn't even bother with formalities. "Oh, honey, what's wrong? You look awful." Eunbi leaned in and touched his sweaty forehead with her perfectly manicured fingers, and it took everything in his power not to pull away.

"Sorry, I'm not feeling too well. I can get s-someone else if you'd like." He stared past her at the window, black dots slowly creeping into his vision.

Well, that was odd.

"My poor baby," She said breathily, continuing to caress his face with newfound selfishness. Wonho was nothing but a piece of meat to her, something she could freely lust over. He knew she didn't really care about him, but he needed to keep reminding himself that she equaled rent money they needed. Before he could ask her what she would like to order again, he felt his vision go black. Kyungil really needed a swift kick in the ass. He couldn't be doing that to him while he was with a customer. At least, he had thought it was Kyungil, until he felt a sharp pain at his shoulder to go with his throbbing head.

All that remained after were a mix of purple and silver across his vision.

Always purple and silver.

--------------------

It wasn't hard for Haru or Kihyun to take the pictures they needed for their portrait project. That was all thanks to Kihyun, though.

To Haru's excitement, Kihyun was an amazing photographer. She couldn't really say that about herself, but she admired how he had made her look in his photos. The lighting had been just right, the sun casting shadows across her face that had quite frankly taken her breath away. The number of compliments that had ensued were like word vomit, but Haru just couldn't help it. She was truly grateful to have such a talented person as her partner to learn from.