This Can't Be Real?

Hey, what's up...My name is Libelle Wilkinson. Or just Belle for short. I have grown up in a muggle house, in a boring town, with boring friends, and a boring life. Boring, boring, bored, bored, bored! You would think my useless little life would continue this way forever, but that wasn't really up to me. No, that was the decision of my older brother. Why may you ask is it up to him? Well my friends, he is in fact a wizard. A very good wizard that my family didn't know about until my 11th birthday. He announced it in the middle of the living room, standing on the coffee table, with a note in his hands. Typical Drake. Always announcing things at the most inappropriate times in the most dramatic way possible.

"Mom, Dad, Birthday girl." He said looking each one of us in the eyes

"Here is my way of showing you that I am not crazy." Getting off the table he handed me a letter.

Dear Miss Wilkinson,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at the Hogwarts School Of WitchCraft And Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva Mcgonagall
Deputy Headmistress

I finished reading as my parents went quiet...

"Belle give me that letter" my father demanded.

"Drake what is this?" I said confused.

"Your letter to Hogwarts." He stated smiling.

"To what now?"

"Hogwarts. You are a witch, just like Grann and me."

Not knowing how to react I stand shocked. My mother,furious,ripped the letter out of my hands. "You are seriously going to tell me this is real! That this place actually exists! You are crazy is what you are. Just like your grandmother.Always talking about Hogwarts this and Hogwarts that. My mother was a crazy old hag and you are acting just like her!"

"Mom I am taking Libelle and she will learn magic. I don't care what you say. Pack your stuff we are going to head to my place."

I ran upstairs no further questions asked. The fighting continued. I didn't understand, but this was fun to watch my parents get angry like this so I just followed along in my brothers lead. Plus anything sounded better than here. This stupid old house. This dumb old life. I was ready to get away.

                                   ~*~

"Are you ready Bee?"

I was nervous we had just gone through a wall to platform 9 3/4. Whilst my brother was piling information about this place into my head I stood amazed by the train ahead of us.

"Remember to stay away from Slytherin."

"Yeah, yeah I get it." I roll my eyes hugging my brother goodbye and boarding the train.

Many kids in robes and hats hurry across the train to find seats. I didn't know anyone and tried to find somewhere to sit. I turn around at a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me, but would you like to come sit with me?"

"Uhh sure."

Most people here had British accents. I was from the USA so I of course didn't. I felt very out of place, I followed anyway. Passing everyone I spotted a girl with very bushy, brown hair talking to two boys who were clearly annoyed at her presence.

"What's your name by the way?" Said blondie as we sat in an empty compartment.

"Libelle Wilkinson, but you can call me Belle"

"Alright Belle, what's with your accent and your hair?"

Weird question. In America most people at my old school had colored hair. It was just kind of a normal thing for us. We all talked the same in the US and I forget that other people think we have accents.

"I got it dyed a couple months ago for my birthday. I am also from America"

"Oh I see well I am Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." He held out his hand and I shook it.

We talked for a while just about random stuff and home life. It was nice I felt I had made a new friend. When suddenly some other first year kid burst through the door.

"Draci what are you doing here with this girl"

Some pug nosed chick said with a sneer tone in her voice.

"None of your business Pansy. Even so she is cool you don't need to feel threatened. Now be gone we need to change into robes. We are almost here"

"Fine"

she stomped away leaving behind the an awkward silence. We changed into robes as the train arrived at Hogwarts. Everyone exited the train and began getting sorted into houses. Something had gone down between Harry Potter and Draco, I was to busy making new friends with Luna Lovegood.

                                ~*~

"Libelle Wilkinson!"

I walked over to the stool, shaking slightly. My brother told me he was a Ravenclaw and that Slytherin was the one house I didn't want to be in. I do have that kinda luck. With all eyes on me I sat down as the fabric dropped over my head.

"Hmmmm very smart indeed, just like your brother and grandmother. Also very kinda hearted."

The hat firmly stated. I held my breathe I couldn't take it any longer. The only person he had taken this long was Harry Potter.

"Very courageous and sly. You do seem to have a darker side of you unlike your brother. Lots of potential."

I just wanted this to be over my palms where producing waves of sweat and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

"Better be...SLYTHERIN"

The Slytherin table burst into cheers as I ran over to the table my face burning red. Malfoy looked relieved. He patted the seat next to his and I sat in between him and some scary 5th year. Scared to write to my brother that I got the one house he said not to get I chose to ignore it and I chowed down on the delicious dinner that was magically plated in front of all of us.

                               ~*~

The next couple years were
wonderful. I became good friends with a group of Slytherin girls that were pretty fun to hang around. Draco and I sadly became less close due to him being busy bullying Potter. When I infact made friends with him and the golden trio. I even became really close friends with the Weasely twins. Life was pretty good, but anything to good to be true always had a twist. And boy was I in for a treat this year.