Chapter 12

" Moana, Wake up sweetie", I open my eyes as a woman shakes my shoulder. "Who are you?", I sit up quickly. "Honey are you okay?", the woman looks at me with concern in eyes. I look around the room where am I ? This is most definitely not the room I fell asleep in.

"Excuse me ma'am but who are you?" , she looks at me with her doe brown eyes. She smiles for a second "Oh Sweetheart you don't remember", I shake my head no "I'm your Mother", her mouth forms into an evil smirk as she grabs me by neck and starts to strangle me. I try to scream for help but no sounds come out.

I feel my airway closing up, my vision starts to blur "Mas-on h...elp m...e". My eyes softly close as I let death consume me. " Moana, wake up its me Mason", I open my eyes and I don't even notice I'm screaming .  Tears are running down my face like how a rain drop runs down a leaf . " Mo, what's wrong?", Mason looks at me concerned but I was too shocked to speak coherently.

I engulf him into a hug and just cry. "I'm here for you, don't worry I'm not leaving you again", says Mason. After 15 minutes of Mason holding me I finally told him about the dream I had his face held a stoic expression the entire time "Mason?," I say while snapping him out of his thoughts.

He looks at me "Moana, I want you to know that I love- no scratch that- I want you to know that I'm in Love with you and that you have my heart until the day we die. You loved me when I didn't love myself. You loved me when I hurt and abused you. You loved me even when I betrayed you. You loved me even in my darkest days, and I want you to know that's it's my turn to love you just like you loved me. I know you don't remember a lot but I want you to remember this day", I just stare back at him and not even caring that I'm crying.

I want to kiss him, I want to hold him, I want to... but I'm not going too and that's because I can't understand how he loves me when I only remember him in bits of pieces, I feel a strong connection to him, but I want this relationship to build and I don't want it to be built on sex. I'm not having sex with him until I learn how to love him like he loves me.

I kiss him on the cheek "Thank you Mason and I trust you", he smiles and kisses me on my forehead. "I'm going to make breakfast", he gets up and leaves the room. I run to the bathroom to brush my teeth oh my goodness I bet he smelled my morning breath that's embarrassing. I internally cringe at the thought of him smelling my breath.

I brush my teeth, Throw on some clothes, and go downstairs. Something smells good. I walk into the kitchen and see Mason cooking and dancing around the kitchen. I Burst out laughing. He turns around and smiles at me. "Well hello gorgeous", he comes over and Brings me a plate filled with bacon eggs and pancakes. " Thank you" , I sit down and dig into the delicious food.

"Mmmmmm", I moan as the food slides down my throat. "This is the most delicious thing I've ever tasted", I say to him. Mason's looks at me with a smirk on his face " Hmm.. I beg to differ", he laughs and winks at me. What is he talking about? I stare at him confused. " Mason what are you talking about?", he chuckles lightly.

"Nothing don't worry about it ", he comes and sits besides me. We talk and laugh "Mason so you mean to tell me that you swallowed a WORM ?", I burst out laughing. " It's not that funny Moana", he says turning slightly red I guess from embarrassment.
"Your right it's not funny it's... Hilarious", I continue laugh as we hear the doorbell ring. "I'll be right back ", Mason says while leaving the kitchen.

I continue to eat my food as I wait for Mason to come back. He comes back into the kitchen with a Grave expression on his face. "Mason, what's wrong?", he looks at me "That was the detective at the door he said that the man who attacked escaped from police custody", in that quick moment it felt as if the air was snatched from my body.