Part 9

-JaNae POV-

-4 years Later-

“Kairo!” I yelled up the stairs, almost tripping over his stuffed monkey and monster truck toys.

He came bounding down the stairs.

My little angel.

Kairo Michael Lee Stevenson was my little light skinned, looking just like his daddy black haired, light brown eyed four year old.

“Yes mommy,” he looked up at me.

I bent down to his level, “What did mommy tell you about leaving your toys everywhere?” I asked him, with one of my eyebrows raised.

“That I needed to pick them up when I got done playing with them,” he recited.

“Well if you know what to do then why didn't you do it?” I waited for his answer.

He just looked down and shrugged his shoulders, “I don't know.”

I sighed, “Pick them up for mommy,” I told him.

“Okay,” he picked up the two toys and turned to head back up the stairs.

“Wait a minute, what are you forgetting?” I placed a hand on my hip.

He turned back around, smiling before placing a kiss on my cheek.

I grabbed him and picked him up, carrying him downstairs to our home studio where his dad was currently stationed.

In the studio, Michael was sitting in front of the control panel with Honey in the booth and Chris on the couch, that sat against one wall, sleeping.

I shook my head at him.

Michael noticed that we came in and he stopped the music that was playing, “Hey baby. Hey little man,” I put Kairo on the floor so he could go climb up into his dad's lap.

I walked over to them and bent down, pecking Michael on the lips.

I waved at Honey in the booth since she wouldn't be able to hear me if I had just said 'hi'.

I glanced behind me at Chris, who was still sleep.

“How in the world is he sleep with all the loud music?” I asked Michael.

He laughed and shrugged, “I be asking myself the same question.”

“I'm not sleep and I can hear everything ya'll saying,” I looked at Chris again. His eyes were closed and his arms were behind his head.

“Mmhmm,” was all I said.

I turned back to Michael, “What are ya'll working on?” I asked him, bending down again and wrapping my arms around his shoulders after rubbing Kairo's head.

“Some stuff for her album,” he leaned back on the chair and rubbed his face.

“You guys look like you need the break,” I noticed the sleep in his eyes. I glanced up at Honey and she looked tired too. I motioned for her to come out the booth.

“Damn, I was getting a bit slow in there,” she said after she closed the door.

I laughed, hugging her, “Let's go get something to eat. Ya look like you haven't eaten in days!” I took a step back to look at her.

She laughed, “Shoot, I feel like it.”

I hooked my arm with hers and turned toward Kairo, “You wanna come with mommy to get something to eat?”

He looked up at Michael, whose eyes were closed, then he slowly got down and grabbed my hand.

We all walked back upstairs to the kitchen.