|8|Soulmates.

It was another sappy and cliché day. Yet the squad was doing something they rarely did. Sitting at the table and actually conversating calmly for once.

"So. Who was the first one awake this morning?" Edd's voice hummed quietly as he buttered his biscuit in such a way that would be considered professional if he were a chef.

Tom's finger immediately pointed towards the norski who was poking at his now-soggy Eddsworld cereal.

He noticed Tom point at him from the corner of his eye do he perked up a bit, looking in his direction, "What? Oh. Yeah."

Edd gave a small nod before setting the butter knife back into the butter container, "You usually sleep in, do you not?"

Tord just shrugged and rubbed an eye before taking a bite of the soft pebbles from his spoon, cringing a bit slightly as he immediately swallowed them, "I guess so."

"Then why be up so early?" Matt's piped up, a curious expression overtaking any others. He was eating from a box of offbrand 'Lucky Charms', nomming the marshmallows he specifically pulled out.

Tom was curious at this point too, "Yeah, Commie? Why be up so early if you usually sleep in?"

He groaned quietly, "I don't have a sleep schedule. I wake up when I wake up. Now, how about we talk about something else. How are your soulmates?"

This is when Edd got excited, "Mine said that they are decent for once in their, quote on quote, miserable life!"

Matt frowned, "Mine said the same things I said, but on opposite arms..."

Tom laughed a bit, "Matt, we all know that you are your own soulmate." Matt smiled, "Oh yeah..."

"Anyway... My soulmate hasn't conversated much. Last thing they told me was that they were tired. That was three days ago, though..."

Tord frowned. He had known for some time that he was Tom's soulmate. But why the hell would he tell someone that absolutely despised him that they would have to spend eternity together?

Exactly. He wouldn't.

Once again though, everyone turned to him, "What about your soulmate, Tordle?"

He looked back down at his bowl. He regretted bringing this up in conversation.

"I haven't spoken to him for some time."

Only after he said that, did he realize the mistake he made.

Tord's mouth opened to fix it, but Tom spoke up before he managed to strain a single vocal cord.

"Your soulmate is a guy?"

Tord facepalmed, Yeah. And so is yours.

"What? How would you know what my soulmate's gender is?"

The Norski froze. He realized that he spoke the words out loud, "I-I didn't mean-"

Edd looked at them with surprise, "I get it!"

Tord looked at Edd and frantically waved his hands, trying to get him to stop talking. But the male in green dismissed the action.

"Tom, your soulmate hasn't written to you much. Tord hasn't written to his soulmate much... And you both are guys! Boom! Problem solved."

Tord looked at Edd in shock, "No, no, no! He wasn't supposed to know, Edd!"

Tom just sat there, a slightly angered expression on his face, "I wasn't supposed to know who my soulmate was?"

The clad in red looked up at Tom, "Is that really what you're mad about? Me wanting to make sure you didn't find out who I was?!"

"Yes! I don't care that it is you, and I'm actually happy that it's not some stranger!"

They were both yelling unnecessarily loud. They were too enveloped in their conversation to even know that Edd and Matt had made a getaway from the kitchen.

"So you don't care that your soulmate is some commie-bastard?" Tord stared at Tom with a conflicted look on his face.

"No! Tord, I don't care. I told you that already. I'm... just surprised."

Tord held his face in his hands, "I was too..."

Silence.

There was silence for god knows how long.

Until the brit in blue spoke.

"How did you find out?"

This made Tord chuckle quietly, "Remember when we were doing dishes last week, and you cut yourself with that butterknife?"

Tom's face flushed in embarrassment, "Oi! That hurt, okay?"

"Yeah. I know. That's how I figured it out."

He grabbed Tom's left hand, a pale scar across the palm. Tord then held up his own left hand, "Just in case you didnt believe me."

Tom gave a smile. "No, I believe you. And Once again, Tord..." He paused for a moment,

"I'm glad that it's you and not a stranger."