Eight

Kp.

The trucks pulled into the mansions driveway and my jaw dropped. There was catering company trucks parked along the driveway, with vallet men running around setting up everywhere. The house was built of stone with blue and purple light fixtures shining on them to give it more color. It looked magical.

"Not bad for our first real gig," Joe stated in awe as the car came to a stop. He jumped out of the van as I pulled out my phone. Still nothing from her.

<I miss you Tal, I'm so sorry> I sent the same message that I had sent several times before. I knew nothing was forever but I didn't want this to be the end, this can't be the end.

"Are you coming," my momager asked tugging on my backpack. I looked up and nodded, sliding out. I had been so sassy today with my lack of sleep and massive hangover.

I reached for some of the equipment out of the truck behind us when an older blonde women approached us. I kept my head down trying to avoid conversation.

"Hi, you guys must be King Princess!" She held her hand out with a familiar smile on her face.

"Yes they are, you must be Leslie," my mother shook her hand as Joe and I unloaded the back.

"Don't worry about that guys, I will send someone over to grab everything," she spoke with her hands. "Here, come" she started walking away as we followed. "Let me show you around and where you'll be performing tonight."

We walked up to the house and the closer we got the bigger it appeared. The house was busy with many people roaming around inside but even with the 59 people in the foyer it still wasn't crowded.

Joe would nudge my arm every few minutes at the architecture of the inside. It was like a museum in here. When we finally got to the back yard there were men setting up large tents and people carrying chairs and tables all around us.

"Sorry, it's a little crazy here today, be careful," I listened in on Leslie's voice as we passed the pool. "It's not usually like this, I swear," she laughed at her own joke. "Okay, so this is where you'll be from 6-8, afterwards please feel free to mingle with the guest. My husband is a producer so there will be a lot of people you can network with," she shared as we walked up to an open space.

The stage was big and white, they were still building the light fixtures along the sides and above the actual stage. I couldn't believe it. We've performed in bowling alleys on college campuses and at many birthday parties and bars, but this felt different. This felt like my dreams right at our finger tips.

"Now, I will show you to your dressing rooms. Feel free to roam around and familiarize yourselves when we are finished. Unfortunately I will have to start to get ready," she said checking her watch as we headed back inside.

The sun was starting to set and looked beautiful behind the large hills surrounding us. I took a deep breath as we reviewed the set list one last time before we headed out to the party. I had already been star struck three times on my trips to the bathroom, I wasn't high enough for this.