Chapter 9

Harumi's POV
I looked at the crown in my hands, breathing heavily. What if mom is right? No. She isn't.

"Hey, is there a chance that I like, get some of your power?"I heard Lloyd's voice from behind me. I didn't turn."Because, I won't lie to you, that'd be super cool."he said. When I didn't answer, he fell silent."Are you...okay?"he asked. I hide the crown and turned to face him.

"Oh, yeah, excuse me."I said and looked down, embarrassed.

"So, anyways, I was saying that I always had superhuman charm..."I spaced out and looked at the tree I hide the crown behind with a frown, then I turned back and listened to him blabbing.

The Next Morning
Lloyd's POV
I was sleeping peacefully, dreaming about the crown I will soon get, when suddenly something fell on my face. It felt like water. I just ignored it. After a second another drop came and I opened my eyes. It was the horse. I closed my eyes again.

"I hope you came here to apologize."

Harumi's POV
I woke up by the sound of girl-sounding screaming. I jumped immediately. I looked towards the sound to see Lloyd being takes Asya by his book in the horse's mouth. I ran after them and caught Lloyd by the arms.

"Give....me....Lloyd....back!"I almost yelled, pulling Lloyd towards me, but man, was the horse strong. Suddenly, Lloyd's foot left him boot and the two of us flew backwards. The horse also flew far from us. He shook his head, the boot still in his mouth and ran towards Lloyd.

"Wait!"I yelled, standing in front of him. The horse stopped and looked at me, annoyed. He tried to get past me several more times, but I didn't let me. At the end he stopped again and looked at me."Good. Now sit."I said and his face softened, then he sat down slowly.

"What?"Lloyd said from behind, but I didn't turn.

"Put the boot down."I said, pouting to the ground."I said put it."I said in a calm voice. He stopped for a second, then let the boot fall down."Aww...you are so good boy!"I said and started petting him on the face. His tail staring going up and down, telling me he likes it.

"You are tired of going after that big bad boy, aren't you?"I said, fake frowning and he also frowned, nodding.

"Excuse me?"Lloyd asked from behind, disbelief in his voice."Nobody appreciates you, right?"I asked, hugging him by the neck.

"Oh enough! That's just a stupid horse!"Lloyd complained from behind.

"Oh no, he's one big, good boy."I said and pet him again."Right?"he made a sound like a yes. I looked at his tag."Cole?"I asked and made a sound again, while I continued petting him.

"I just have no words."Lloyd said. Cole stopped and glared at him.

"Look, today is the best day of my live."I told Cole, looking at him upside down."And I am begging you not to arrest him exactly now, Okay?"I asked and Cole puffed."Just for a day! And then, you can chase each other as much as you want! It that okay?"I asked and the two looked at each other intensely. Lloyd extended his arm out to shake, but Cole hesitated.  I looked at him with a smile."And I have a birthday. Just for your information."I said happily. Cole buffed again and shook his hand with his front leg.

Lloyd's POV
Me and the horse, Cole, shook hands. Blondie saw something in front of us and pushed our hands away to get past us. Suddenly, I felt something hitting me in the stomach. My hands flew there and I fell, while I heard the stupid horse laughing. I. Hate. Horses.