My Brothers Possessive Best Friend 15

Knocking on the door Grandma opened almost immediately with a look on her face that I’d never seen before. The second her eye’s laid on me her face soften and she smiled.

“You alright darling? I wasn’t expecting you today.” She stepped aside to let me in. “Who’s your friend?” Not worrying about the face she had on when she opened the door I stepped inside and gestured to Dylan.

“Grandma this is Dylan. Dylan this is grandma.” I smiled as he put his arm out. He’d been weird the whole walk over here.

“Child why are you being so awkward?” Trust her to point it out. He shuffled on his feet under her gaze and muttered something under his breath.

“Pardon darling?”

“I’ve never had a grandma.” He spoke up clearly. Awrh Dylan. Grandma placed her hands on the tops of his arms and smiled up at him.

“If you’d like I shall fill the role of fattening you up and sending you home? I must warn you that I’m not normal.” The corners of his mouth instantly turned up into a smile. Bless his heart, I never knew.

“You don’t have to do that Mrs Kelly.” His cheeks reddened.

“Every child needs a Grandma.”

He smiled again and came to stand behind me. “Blake and Logan went on a run so I thought that we could come see you for a while.”

“I feel honoured.” She almost shouted. “For you to have thought of me in your time of need. Now, children, we must dance and eat raw cookie dough because I’m a lazy shit and can’t be bothered to wait for it to cook.” She disappeared into the kitchen.

“Lacey I can’t dance.” Dylan said, almost sounding worried.

“Don’t worry. She dances, we laugh and dodge the cushions.” And on cue the green leather cushion came out of nowhere and slapped him on the side of his face. Not bracing for it he ended up on the floor as the music began playing through the speakers everywhere in the room and house.

“So your Grandma’s a fan of ACDC?” Dylan shouted over the music.

“She’s your Grandma to now!” I shouted back as I grabbed his hand and ran into the kitchen. “Grab a bowl and aim good and for the love of god, do not be fooled by her age.” He grabbed a bowl of the cookie mix and I grabbed the other and we both headed into the front room.

She stood on the couch in front of the window with the final bowl of cookie mix and a glump of it already in her hand. “You are brave to show your face’s here young ones. Are you prepared for defeat?”

Dylan jumped onto the single chair that I use to sit on to read to my Grandma. With a handful of the mix he raised it in front of him. “Never! For I am the real cookie monster and shall conquer all with my delicious dough. So, Ladies, you shall prepare for defeat at the hands of the true cookie monster!” And with that he launched the cookie mix right at her. It landed on her belly and she fell back into the couch. He grabbed another handful of it and turned around to aim at me but I was already prepared for it. Before he had chance to raise his hand I had launched the mix that was in my hand directly at his face.

“Prepare for defeat my ass.” I laughed as I threw my body over the couch back at fell to the floor. I was bombarded with cookie mix on the floor, not having chance to take cover as she threw ball after ball of the horrid stuff at me.

I was saved my Dylan as he came to my rescue. We were all laughing and launching the mixture at each other for a good hour before we ran out and had nothing else to throw. We all laid in the garden, covered head to toe in cookie mixture. The whole house, top to bottom, was covered in the mixture. There wasn’t a wall, door or ceiling that hadn’t been attacked.

“Well that’s going to be a bitch to clean.” Grandma muttered.

“Worth it.” I said, smiling to myself.

“I’ll help.” Dylan offered.

“Well at least someone loves my old soul.” She half shouted as she jabbed me in the side.

~

Another two hours later and the house had been cleaned spotless. Our cloths, not so much.

“Well that was entertaining Grandma, we’ve got to go now. No doubt Blake is wondering where we got to.” She laughed and gave me a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

“You, dear, feel free to come over whenever you please.” She gave Dylan a kiss on the cheek and a hug as well and we were gone through the door.

“Well she is a very interesting person.” Dylan commented as we walked back, still covered in cookie mix. “But very funny.”

“She’s the best.” I laughed.

~

Walking through the door the first person I saw was Logan, who burst out laughing as he took our appearance in. “God damn Lace.” He said through his laughter. Blake came down the stairs and looked me and Dylan up and down, smiling.

“Grandma?”

“My grandma too now.” Dylan laughed.

“Welcome to the fucked up family bro.” They both laughed at each other.

“Well I’m going to take a shower. I’m sticky in places that are just plain uncomfortable.”