Chapter 6: Part 2

The elevators descent was slow and somewhat loud in nature. The damp walls of the elevator shaft were decorated with age old moss and graffiti, and the smell......don't get them started on the smell.

Cappy clamped down on Mario's head, trying to cover up the smell. Pauline was used to the smell on account of her constantly checking for updates on the never ending sewage repair, Ella on the other hand was trying to not vomit. But to Mario and Luigi, the smell was.....home.

When the reached the floor where the City Wide Generator was. It was a massive room clad in green metal in order to prevent electric shocks, separated by a soundproof glass wall to prevent the high pitched sound and static in the air. In the center of this room was a generator with a Power Moon inside. The Power Moon itself looked like it was almost out of power, its glorious green color now fading into a flavorless looking grey. The Generator itself was connected to many giant wires that are attached to multiple areas of the sewers walls that stretch to all over the city.

"Is-a this all?" Mario asked.

"Yes Mr. Mario, our best engineers still couldn't find a way to safely replace the Power Moon without causing a city wide blackout." Ella said in her professional voice, but her covered nose made her sound a tad bit silly.

"This-a will be a piece of-a ravioli!" Luigi said with a confident grin.

As Pauline and Ella stayed behind glass wall. Mario cracked his knuckles and pulled out his tools. Time for the Mario Bros. To get to work.
.......................................

Wario and Waluigi both slided down the Elevator shaft, both being as silent as they could possibly be. Witch wasn't really that silent to begin with.

"These losers won't-a know what hit them!" Wario whispered.

"WA! Let's-a humiliate-a them and add injury to-a insult by giving them the worst wedgies of their lives!"

They both let out mighty laughs, but quickly silenced themselves when they were approaching the right floor.
............................

As Mario and Luigi worked on the generator, they both were going down various trips down memory lane.

"Say, Mario. Remember the time-a when I wrote a jingle for the-a buisness?" Luigi asked as he tightened the bolts around a pipe.

Mario stopped putting pipes together by color and said "Oh Yeah! It was-a catchy tune! How did it-a go again?"

They were both puzzled on how it went, then Luigi snapped his fingers and said "I remember!" Luigi warmed up his singing voice

We are the New Donk City Plumbers,

Extraordinare!

The Super Mario Bothers,

What a Pair!

Do you have problems with your pipes?

Is your water running right?

Are all the fittings screwed down right?

If they aren't, don't despair!

The Super Plumbers will be there!

And there's no pipe we can't repair!

The Super Mario Brothers will be there!

They both laughed at how over the top that song used to be. That song helped promote their business City wide when the business was booming. Luigi then remembered it was Pauline who helped them get the jingle on the radio with her many studio connections. With the thought of pauline passing through his head, he wondered how Mario was reacting to his old flame.

"So.....I see you're taking-a seeing Pauline again kinda well." Luigi said, carefully choosing his words.

"Yes? Why-a wouldn't I?" Mario said with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, It's-a just that....The way-a you to broke it off. I would've-a thought it would be-a more....awkward?" Luigi said while wincing at the last word he said.

"No, Luigi. Things are-a different now. I'm with-a Peach now and Pauline has-a definitely moved on too." Mario said with a hint of aggravation. The bolt he was screwing in was a little tighter than allowed.

"I dunno Mario, I still-a remember the face you had when we first-a sailed away from New Donk. I couldn't-a imagine how you felt after you and her broke it-a off."

Mario was about to come up with another retort, but something inside him stopped him. He remembered how he didn't say a word to Luigi for the first two days of their sailing to Manhattan. Luigi tried all he could to cheer him up, but was just a kid at the time. He didn't understand what he was going through. He didn't really talk to Luigi until the storm swept up their boat, leading to them being shipwrecked on the Mushroom Kingdom.

"You....don't-a know what your talking about." Mario said as he resumed his work.

..............................

Behind the Glass wall, Pauline was wondering what the two brothers were talking about. It would've been easier to read their lips if their mustaches werent in the way. But she remember how defensive Mario got when she asked him to shave his mustache. Though she could tell that they were both having fun doing what they used to do.

But her train of thought was interrupted by the scent of an ungodly smell. One that took over the room she and Ella were in. It smelled like.....someone farted. Both ladies quickly turned around and saw two men, both Pauline and Ella recognized these two men from the speed chase from earlier. Now that they got a good look at the two, they looked like exaggerated versions of Mario and Luigi.

"Hello Ladies, Now Good-a night!" Wario turned around an ripped another fart, his green gas was so powerful it mad both Pauline and Ella pass out.

Wario put the unconcious Pauline over his shoulder and said "This-a outta get-a there attention." Then Waluigi picked up Ella and said "Wah-haha!Easy as-a Pie."

Wario left behind Pauline's hat and a note with his Emblem on it. Then they both walked out of the control room.