10 | the yoonjin arc!

[  a / n  ]
WARNING!
mentions of drugs!

[ THURSDAY, 12:43AM ]

"i hope you little fucks are happy! i can't believe i'm doing this..." jungkook hushes loudly as he slips out of his bedroom window, grabbing his backpack before silently shutting it behind him.

"what? you've never snuck out?" taehyung asks, placing himself against the brick wall that separated jungkook and his neighbors.

"no? you tend to forget i'm younger than you," jungkook says, approaching the other.

"oh, that's right, i do forget i'm dating a baby," taehyung teases, stepping closer to him.

"a baby boy..." he trails off, his voice deepening. he smirks at the tint on jungkook's cheeks.

"i'm... i'm not..." jungkook stutters out.

"well as hot as both of you are together, we need to get a move on!" jimin interrupts, making his presence known.

"right," taehyung nods. "ready to meet our kid-like hyung?"

"kid-like?" jungkook tilts his head confused.

"you'll get it once you meet him," jimin chimes in, taking jungkook's hand in his.

— — —

"no, i'm not talking to him!"

jimin sighs, rubbing his hands over his eyes. he looks back down to the mess in front of him. seokjin laid face down on his bed, hair disheveled with dried tear stains on his cheeks. his room was dirty, clothes thrown everywhere and old food wrappers littered the floor. for the last half hour, jimin had been trying to get seokjin out of bed in hopes that he'd promise to talk to yoongi. unfortunately, no such luck.

"come on, hyung! stop acting like such a child!" jimin yells, frustrated.

"child?" seokjin untucks his head from his pillow, glancing up to the three boys in the room. "child? child! me?!" he asks in disbelief.

"yes, you!" jimin shouts back.

seokjin huffs, removing the comforter off his body and scrambling off his bed. he does a once over at taehyung and jungkook. he stares at jungkook for a second longer before shaking his head.

"i'm not the one who gave up on us; he did," seokjin scoffs, running his hand through his hair before gesturing at jungkook. "who's this?"

taehyung, who had taken upon himself to snoop around seokjin's room, smiles as he moves away from the closet to jungkook who stands idly by the dresser. he pats his shoulder before meeting his hyung's eyes.

"this is our boyfriend!" he exclaims, a box-like grin spreads over his features.

"oh... well, uh... it's nice to meet you? though i wish it'd been under different circumstances," seokjin says, apologetically.

jungkook smiles slightly, agreeing.

"so... will you please talk to yoongi?" jimin questions, interrupting.

"why? just so he can reject me again? tell me that it's not my problem if he starts taking drugs again?! tell me not to worry even..." seokjin's voice breaks, a knot grows in his throat. "even when he knows i'd anything for him? yeah, i love him. i do, but i can't make the effort if he won't let me."

"bullshit," jimin spats. "when you truly care about someone you try to be there for them, help them, even if it means breaking down some of their walls. yoongi may say he doesn't want you, but if... if he's really doing drugs again, you need to be there to stop him. you know, he won't listen to us, much less because we're younger, but he has to listen to you. you need to catch him before he falls any deeper than he is right now. you're the only one he'll let in, and none of us wanna see him in place he can't come back from. please, hyung, do this for him? talk to him."

jimin frowns at seokjin's unreadable expression. he moves closer to him, bringing him in for a hug. he tightens his hold as tears dampen his pullover sweater. running his hand through seokjin's hair, jimin quietly shushes him.

"i... i would never wanna lose him... not to something stupid like drugs, especially drugs!" seokjin hiccups.

"hey," jimin parts them, giving him a smile. "you can do this. don't let him push you away..."

seokjin hears shuffling near his right, another set of arms hold tightly onto him, digging his face into his shoulder. taehyung. seokjin looks up to see jungkook standing awkwardly by his dresser. he nods him to come over, smuggling his hand between jimin and taehyung in order to offer jungkook to take it. the younger hesitates, walking slowly to seokjin. he looks at the hand presented to him, it looks soft with double jointed fingers making it curve in odd places, he slips his hand into seokjin's.

it's sweaty. sweaty with anxiety. a sense of sadness flows over him as he stares into seokjin's eyes. the tears spill, a look of worry etched into his features, brows furrowed, and yet, there's no hopelessness. yeah, seokjin is most definitely worried about what might become of yoongi, but it didn't seem like he'd give up on him anytime soon. jungkook offers a shy smile which is quickly replied with a tear filled grin.

"thank you," seokjin says, gripping at jungkook's hand tighter.

[ a / n ]
unedited.
this chapter was longer but i've
decided to break it up in parts!
next chapter is gonna go back
to the group chat!
also, i didn't mean for this story to take this turn but i was in a
bad mood when i wrote this.
it will be more lighthearted for future chapters, hopefully.