30 | me three

[ a / n ]
the one that resolves it all.
hahaha, this one made me sad
i would love to see your guys thoughts!
no this isn't the last chapter :)

[ MONDAY, 6:35AM ]
CHAT : no sad faces

kimtaehyung has logged in!

tae:
jimin i love u but what the fuck

tae:
"we'll talk when the time is right"

tae:
and "i think it's best if you stayed away"

tae:
dude i had a panic attack

tae:
audiobook didn't, like, strangle me or something

kook:
audiobook-

tae:
we're on our way jimin

jimin:
i saw your post

jimin:
wait-

jimin:
taehyung, aren't you driving?

tae:
nojliklh

kook:
wow i can't believe i almost died 😔

jimin:
TAEHYUNG PUT THE PHONE DOWN

tae:
don't yell at me we're already outside

[ MONDAY, 6:52AM ]
VMINKOOK !

taehyung closes his phone as he looks up to see jungkook taking off his seatbelt. he feels a smile spread across his lips. taehyung reaches out for one of jungkook's hands, threading their fingers together. after months of taehyung's silent pursuit, jungkook was finally his, and jimin was the last stop before three of them were official.

"i'm glad you asked me to come meet with you," jungkook says quietly, looking at their joined hands. "i honestly don't know how i would've gone about talking to both of you to try to fix this."

taehyung grins. "don't mention it. i'm just happy that i wasn't so delusional to think i could have two boyfriends. now, come on, let's go talk to jimin."

they both step out of the car. taehyung makes his way up to the front door. he knows that the door is open because jimin's parents aren't home. jungkook trails behind him as he walks into the house and upstairs to jimin's room. taehyung busts the door to find jimin laying down on his bed, phone in hand.

"good to see that neither of you are roadkill," jimin comments, taking a quick glance at both jungkook and taehyung.

taehyung scoffs. "i'm a great driver."

"my internal bleeding says otherwise," jungkook muses.

"that's where blood is supposed to be," taehyung crosses his arms. "so, jimin, you gonna lay there on your phone or are you gonna talk to us?"

jimin nods, before tossing his phone to the side. he looks up to see taehyung sitting on his desk chair and jungkook leaning against his closet door. they look... natural being there. jimin shifts to sit up on the edge of bed.

"i feel like we need to talk about the three of us. what we're feeling, about friday night, all that," jimin sighs out as he turns to make eye contact with jungkook. "i realized over the weekend that even though taehyung had a panic attack, he should decide how he wants to approach you, jungkook. i-i shouldn't have been so overprotective. you... deserve to be there for him if anything like that were to happen again."

jimin's voice wavers slightly, and he presses his palms at his eyes as he feels them sting.

"kookie, i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to send you those texts, and... and i can only imagine what you felt like when i pulled taehyung away from you. i never want you to think you're unwanted or that you can't be close to taehyung just because you're dating me."

taehyung hums lightly as he watches jungkook stare up into the ceiling. the glaze in his eyes tells taehyung that jungkook wants to cry. he turns to look at jimin whose definitely letting his tears fall, and a sudden trembling voice whispers out.

"that really fucking hurt," jungkook cries. "made me realize there's a part of both of you i don't share, and it's not that i'm jealous, it's the fact that i want to be able to enjoy it too, even at a distance. i love the way you look at him, and the way he looks at you. that shit gives me butterflies."

it's the last part that makes the room silent. yes, they like each other as individuals, but it's the pure idea of seeing someone be in love with the person you love with the same amount of passion that makes it special.

jungkook's tears slow down, and jimin and taehyung are up on their feet. jimin wraps his arms around him, his right hand resting on the back of jungkook's neck, caressing.

"is that really how you feel?" jimin asks softly.

jungkook nods slowly, feeling taehyung put his arms around both of them. this. this is what jungkook wanted. who would have thought that a few months ago jungkook only wanted jimin's affection, but with taehyung in the picture, he wants it all.

"here, come on," taehyung urges them to move to sit on the bed, placing jungkook in the middle while he sits on his left.

"i feel like we jumped into this without thinking too much. i guess, we thought jungkook and i wouldn't have developed any feelings," taehyung says quietly, holding jimin's hand resting it on jungkook's lap.

"but i did," jungkook whispers. "i... i wanna be with you. the both of you. if-if that's okay, if you guys want me."

"of course, we want you," jimin gives a shy smile. "right, taehyung?"

"well, you already know how i feel, jungkook," taehyung mumbles.

jungkook sighs in relief. "i'm glad we're gonna give this a try with the three of us."

taehyung gives a box-like grin. "all this emotional talk got me kind of tired, and i really wanna just hold both of you."

jungkook smiles as jimin moves to make room on the bed. they put taehyung in the middle, jungkook on his left, and jimin on his right. taehyung places his arms around both of them, jungkook and jimin tuck their heads just under his neck, their conjoined hands on taehyung's stomach.

"i like this," jungkook admits quietly.

jimin chuckles lightly. "yeah, me too."

there's a moment of silence, and taehyung is pretty sure jungkook and jimin have already started snoozing away, before he lets out an breathless laugh of:

"me three."

when they wake up things will be different. it will no longer be taehyung and jimin, or jungkook and jimin, but taehyung, jimin, and jungkook. the three of them. together.

finally.

[ a / n ]
unedited.
ahh, at this point, it's just wrapping up the last few chapters :(
is there anything any of you guys would like to see before it ends?? it can be with any of them, but please keep it simple as this will be the last
few parts of the story!
comments, votes, & feedback are greatly appreciated ✨
love ya 💖