Chapter 3

Leah's POV

*edited*

Okay I can do this, today will be easy. Breathe in, and breathe out.

I kept chanting this to myself as I wait for Trevor to arrive at the cafe. I was beyond nervous for this meeting.

"Jeez L, calm down it's gonna be fine! You're making me nervous for you! Stop, sit down, and you're gonna be okay!" Corina said grabbing my shoulder reassuringly before going into the back to do some work.

I sat in a booth for about five minutes then I heard the bell above the door ding, letting me know somebody just walked in.

I lifted my head and saw that it was him. He looked good, happy even, like our break up didn't affect him.

I stood up and he walked towards me.

"So I'm here, what is it you wanted?" He asked already annoyed. Which pissed me off.

"Listen asshole I don't enjoy being around you but I asked you to come here because I have some rather important news to fucking tell you so shut up and listen." I said angrily and he just nodded for me to continue.

"So, a couple days after we broke up I went to the doctors because I hadn't been feeling well, still aren't feeling well.. but when I got there they took some tests.." I took a breathe in, then out, and continued.

"Trevor I'm pregnant and the baby is yours" he didn't say anything. He had no emotions in his eyes. He then started laughing sinisterly.

"Yeah right.. like I could believe the bastard is mine! I made sure to wear a condom everytime we had sex so this wouldn't happen! So who'd you fuck? Huh whore?"

I was beyond mad and before I could think, I slapped him across the face as hard as I could.

"How fucking dare you! YOU cheated on me for god knows how long! Then you have the audasity to call ME a whore! Fuck you! I may hate you, but this baby is one hundred percent yours! And you need to decide whether or not my child is going to have a father!" I yelled at him poking him harshly in the chest.

"I'm not taking responsibility for a child that's not mine. Fuck you Leah. Hope your child doesn't turn out like you!" He said harshly and I heard Corina come out and looked pissed.

She strode over angrily and stopped right in front of Trevor.

"Listen you egotistical fuckwad, you have no damn right to call her a whore and call her child a bastard! You cheated on her and then you bring that slut here!" She said pointing outside to his car, and sure enough, there was the slut. "So I want you to get out and never come back! And I won't let you be apart of this baby's life! Never!" And with that she shoved him out of the cafe.

He was outside fuming and got into his car and drove away.

"Thank you C, I love you" I smiled and hugged her.

"Don't thank me, I've wanted to say that for awhile now, and I'm sorry for basically making your baby fatherless." She said looking down.

"Corina, it's okay, after today I know my baby is better off" after I said that we decided to open the cafe for a few hours.

〰️〰️〰️

I was getting ready to close up the cafe when the bell above the door rang.

"I'm sorry but we're clos-" before I could finish my sentence I turned around and saw
Parker standing there.

"O-oh um, uh h-hi!" I stuttered. Wow Leah, real frickin smooth

"Hey pretty girl, I didn't know you worked here!" He said while walking over to me and sitting at the bar.

"Oh um, I actually co-own this cafe with my sister in law Corina." I smiled at him and slightly leaning over the counter towards him.

"Wow Leah, you impress me more and more. What would you say if I asked you out?" He smirked at me leaning forward.

I backed up and got nervous "well I'd say you might not want me because I have a lot of baggage" I looked down nervously.

"What could possibly make me not want to be with a beautiful woman like you?" He asked intrigued.

"The fact that I'm pregnant and the father pretty much cheated and left without so much as a second glance." I said tears brimming my eyes.

I looked up and he looked shocked, but also mad. It had been a few minutes before he said something.

"Leah, I'm sorry you had to put up with an asshole who couldn't man up and take responsibility, but I still want to be with you. We can take baby steps and take things slow. We can start with a date, and get to know each other?" He proposed.

I stood there and thought about it. Is it too soon? Should I be doing this?

Ever since I ran into him, literally, I haven't been able to get him out of my head.

Ah what the hell!

"Okay, I'll go out with you" I said giving him a small smile.

He stood up smiling and clapped his hands together.

"Great! Okay be ready tomorrow evening at 6:00 p.m. and where something sexy but casual!" He said and left.

I am speechless, I can't believe a hot, very charming guy like Parker, wants me.. and I'm so excited to go on our date in three days.

〰️〰️〰️

I got home a few hours ago and I told Justin and Corina about my date with Parker. Corina was very excited for me and so was Justin but he went into protective brother mode and wanted to meet Parker before our date.

They're happy that I'm moving on from Trevor, and don't think it's too soon.

You know it's weird, as pissed as I am at him, us splitting up seemed natural and like it was meant to happen. At least now I can be free to explore my feelings with Parker.

There has been so much that has happened to me in just a couple weeks. I got cheated on, then I found out I was pregnant, then I found out the father wanted nothing to do with me or the baby, and now I'm living with my best friend and my brother, and about to go on a date with an extremely sexy guy.

And I couldn't be happier.

〰️〰️〰️

That's the end of this chapter

Please comment your thoughts

Thank you for reading!

❤️