Lucky's Last Battle

Breadstick and I stood there, shocked.

I didn't stand of course, but. . . You get me!

"I can see you," she repeated, louder now.

I jumped out of Breadstick's arms and ran to Amy, barking.

"He-Hello Lucky," Amy stammered.

Breadstick looked thoughtful, "It's impossible that you can see us. How, Amy?"

Amy shrugs.

She sighed, "In the doghouse I knew you guys were there, so I kept believing. I heard a bark so I went up to check."

I nod. "Correct! We were there!" I yelp happily.

She looks at me, with round eyes. "You talk?"

"Of course he does! This is.. Heaven, I suppose, and Lucky can talk there." Breadstick explained.

Amy thought for a second, "But Heaven is in the Aether, which is higher than the clouds. Why aren't you there?"

He shrugged, "I dunno. Our time wasn't up I suppose."

Amy nodded, then turned to me.

"It must be sad seeing your friends like this, huh?" She asked me with sadness and sympathy.

"It is... Kind of. How's Fluffy?"

"Fluffy's fine. I think still a bit shaken up, though."

I sigh, "Okay."

Breadstick looks at Amy.

"You know this is dangerous, right?" He asks.

"How?"

"Your talking to Ghosts, who's time haven't been up yet. You aren't supposed to see us!" Breadstick explained.

"This puts me in danger?"

"Both of us- Well, all, of us." Breadstick smiled sadly.

"So... I can't see y-you guys an-anymore? Why!" Amy stuttered.

"For the safety of you, me, and Lucky. You really shouldn't communicate with us, or any ghost." Breadstick looked at me, then Amy.

"Don't even tell anyone. This is your Secret to keep, all right?" Breadstick asked Amy to promise.

"All right."