The Strange Black Book

Chapter 2

Avery Pov.

○●○
She then slammed the door in my face.
Damn! It's a good thing I've taken therapy or I would be in here with a gun and be shooting everyone except Abigail.

"Namaste!" I said in a calm voice as I inhale and exhale slowly. "Peace and harmony!"

I then went for a bow and head to my desk.

"Omg! How did it go?! Didn't anything happen?!" Abigail asked in concern.

"I'm fine" I replied with a smile.

"What's that?" She asked grabbing the Documents I was holding.

"Mr. Simpson told me to sign these few papers"

"Few?" She asked.

"Yes. Few" I replied.

I took them from her and went to my desk.

I guess I had bad luck after all. First I had a bad date and that made me slept in. Second of all, I woke up late on a workday. Third of all I almost ran into a stop sign. Fourth of all I ran after a bus until it came to a stop. Fifth of all I arrived at work 1 minute late and that little situation caused Mr. Simpson to get mad at me. And the list can go on and on...

"Hey! Snap out of it!" Abigail said waving her hands in front of me.

"Oh you're here"

"What do you mean by I'm here? I was standing there all the time looking down at you, who was lost in your thoughts."

"Sorry," I said smiling

"It's fine. But I have something that will make me happy" she said in an exciting tone.

"What?" I said, doubting that the surprise would not even make me happy.

"Have a guess?" She said happily.

"Hmm.....A cake?"

"Really? A cake? That's all you could guess?"

"Ugh! Just tell me" I demand

"Okay okay. It's......"She paused "2 V.I.P tickets to the B.T.S (bangtang boys) show tonight!!!

My eyes grew big as I started to squeal.

"Really!!!!!" I asked, filled with excitement.

"Does this looks like a face that's kidding?" She asked

Well....she does play pranks on me a lot but I believe her this once because I LOVE B.T.S!!

She pulled the two tickets out of her pocket.

"Omg!!! You're the best!" I screamed.

One of our the employee, who was doing her work, could not of concentrate because we were making a lot of noise.

"Shh!!! Keep it down, you guys!!!" She said looking angrily at us

"Sorry!" I whispered

"Okay....here's one for you and don't lose it," she said placing one in my hand.

"Thanks!" I said quietly making sure I don't disturb anyone this time.

She went back to her desk and I quickly sign all the papers out so that we can get ready for the concert tonight.

○●○
Work was finally over and I had already signed all the papers out with the help of Abigail.

We had to walk because we didn't have enough money to take a taxi. We were planning on walking by the way.

On our way to the concert, my eyes met with a book store which was across the road. I love books a lot. I begged Abigail for us to please check out the library across the road before we continue. It was early by the way. She agreed and we head over the road and into the library.

"Hello," a voice of an old woman said greeting us with a smile.

"Hi" I replied, shaking her hands.

"Do you have any books that I'll be interested in?" I asked to hope that she'd say yes.

"Umm...You can look around if you want"

So I left Abigail at the front and looked around the library for some interesting books. And that was when my eyes glanced at a black book which was on the last shelf.
I stretch my hands to grab it but someone manages to get a hold of it before I did.

"Oh sorry," the person said.

The person's voice sounds strong and masculine.
I turned around to see a guy in a gray hoodie standing behind me. Damn, he was handsome! He had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes which glittered as our eyes met.

"It's okay, I wasn't gonna borrow it so you can have it" I replied with a smile

"No, you should. The book chose you" he said as he placed the book back on its shelf.

And out of nowhere Abigail Appeared.

"Are you done yet-"

She stood in shock gazing at the handsome figure which was now standing beside me.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you guys. Please continue" she said as she winked at me and was about to leave

"Wait!" I shouted

"What?"

"It's not what you think it is! He's just some random guy who--"

"It's okay," he said smiling

I was confused.

He then walked away disappearing Into the bookshelves...

But for some reason, that book was drawn to me and I just had to borrow it.

When we were at the counter, the librarian said that she had never seen nor borrow that book so...we got it for free.
I guess she didn't remember because she's very old.

○●○

Pic of Abigail

Pic of Abigail

○●○

Thanks for viewing The pic above is of Avery's bestie Abigail

Thanks for viewing
The pic above is of Avery's bestie Abigail.
In the next episode, Avery will meet with mysterious persons, who saved her life.
What will happen? To find out wait for the next episode which will be coming soon. Please show some love by voting and commenting

○●○