Birthday Party

Chapter 31

Avery's Pov.

It was one month now since the last incident and I have finally fully recovered 100%.

I was just back from work and was currently in the kitchen washing the dishes when I saw Stella dresses up.

She was wearing a short blue spaghetti strap dress. "What are you doing?" She asked with a shock expression on her face.

"I'm...washing the dishes" I replied confused at her question.

"Get dressed!" She said and pulled my confusing self upstairs into my room.

"Where are we going?" I Finally managed to asked after she let go of me.

"Don't you know? It's Jake's birthday and he's invited us" she replied while dogging into to my closet.

Jakes's birthday?

How didn't I know?

"Wear this" she handed me a white (with red rose printed on it) floral off-the-shoulder summer dress.

"I didn't even buy him a gift and I'm attending his birthday party?" I asked while inspecting the dress.

"That's not a problem. You can give him a smack on his cheek. I'm sure he's gonna feel satisfied and not anger at you after that." She said and I glared at her.

Kiss on his cheek?

Pff!

"What are you waiting for? Get dressed or We're gonna be late!" She pushed me into the bathroom and locked the door.

I quickly took a shower and applied lotion in my skin before
Slipping the dress on.

I quickly took a shower and applied lotion in my skin before Slipping the dress on

Buckling my black sandals, I grabbed my purse and raced down the stairs.

"Let's go" I said and entered the car with her. To my surprised, Adrien was sitting in the driver's seat.

He's coming too?

And we were off to his party.

...

One hour later, we pulled up at a big mansion. Stepping out, we rang the door bell and was greeted by a happy Jake.

"Hey hey! Come in" he happily invited us in.

We followed him as he walked passed his living room and opened his back door.

He's having a backyard birthday party.

"Ladies......and you" he pointed to Adrien. "Welcome to my birthday party! Now where's my gifts?" He happily clapped his hands.

'Oh no! I didn't get him anything' I once again remembered.