STAY A SECRET

__________ ・゚: *・゚:* __________

MAYBE WE COULD

002. Stay a secret

__________ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* __________

NANCY PULLED THE CAR OVER and looked at the kids

NANCY PULLED THE CAR OVER and looked at the kids. "here" she said handing mike some money. he looked at the money then his sister.

"what's this for?"

nancy pointed at the diner "dinner for you and your friends" mike unbuckled himself and opened the door. he heard someone running behind him so he stopped and waited.

"thanks for waiting" max said slightly out of breath.

mike put his hands in his pockets "how come your coming in?"

"i need to talk to steve"

mike slowed his pace "oh" he forgot that max had made good friends with steve, mainly because of her home situation.

they walked in and max went up to steve at a booth on the left side of the restaurant, while mike ordered a meal. max came after he had ordered some food, and she looked tired.

"are you okay?" mike asked glancing at her.

she looked at her feet "oh, uh...yeah i guess. i just asked steve if i could come over sometime next week."

mike grabbed the bags and handed two to max. "why?"

max gripped the bag tighter "home just sucks right now." she said not wanting to go into detail.

mike swallowed hard, relating deeply "me too"

max looked at mike, surprised with his confession"i don't know why but i thought you had the perfect home life" she said snorting.

mike smiled 'i wish I had that' he thought to himself. he stopped paying attention to his surroundings and started thinking about home and how much it stressed him emotionally.

how his father was always passed out talking about things he didn't know the first thing about. how his mother was sneaking off a hell of a lot and ignoring her responsibilities. how nancy didn't even care and let it all happen. and how his poor baby sister was oblivious to it all, not getting the proper childhood experience.

"holy shit mike watch out!" max said putting her arm in front of him a car zoomed past the two. the driver flipped them off as he drove by and max mirrored him.